where are all the Disney buttons?

parksb

Earning My Ears
Just back from the World and I was bummed to see all the "buttons" that they used to sell in the parks are gone! You know, the round or rectangular buttons with theme park or ride graphics printed on them. I don't have too many Disney collections, but I do collect as many of the buttons as I can. It makes for a really colorful display and I can track all my park visits thru the years just by looking at them.

Does anyone know why these may have been removed? Is it because they are a cheap way to take a home a souvinier (they would rather you buy something more expensive!) or could it be a safety measure because of the pins in the back? If anyone has an idea please let me know...

thanks
Brady

Disney still makes some buttons but not nearly like they used too & mostly for special events. I think they cut way back on the buttons to push the sale of pins which turned out to be much more popular. I also think they make more of a profit on the pins. I don't think the safety issue has anything to do with it as all the pins have sharp points.
I started collecting buttons before I collected the pins & still pick them up whenever I can. I was able to get a few at Disneyland & DCA this past September.

Brady,

I have a whole bunch from when I was a CM. If you want them I would be happy to trade the lot of them, at least 15, for a single rack pin. E-mail me if you are interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!