When you wish upon (more) ADRs PTR - ITINERARY ADDED 5/11

Sounds like a fantastic trip. I am also a guidebook junkie - DH bought me The Complete Guide to WDW for Valentine's Day - that is a great one if you're interested in all the trivia and behind the scenes stuff.

Laur's xx

Sounds like a fantastic trip. I am also a guidebook junkie - DH bought me The Complete Guide to WDW for Valentine's Day - that is a great one if you're interested in all the trivia and behind the scenes stuff.

Laur's xx

Might have to look out for that one! I'm a bit of a trivia buff and I've got the two Trivia books by Lou Mongello (which I drive my family bonkers with :rotfl:).

Just a little update to add :cool1:

Well peeps, I've taken the plunge and ordered my Fairfx card :yay: I got it through a link on another Disney site, so the card was free. I've just loaded a "modest" amount at the moment, but thought I should get the ball rolling as the $$ rate is so good at the moment (well, compared to what it was earlier in the year)!

Also, we've been thinking long and hard about what ADR's we want to make and we've decided on a provisional list:

Ohana (dinner)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Chefs De France (dinner)
Tusker House (lunch)
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Kona Cafe (dinner)
Biergarten (lunch) - hopefully for the Candlelight package
Boma (breakfast)
Boma (dinner) - for Thanksgiving
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
Spirit of Aloha
California Grill
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)

We've been to Boma, Biergarten, Ohana and Tusker House before, but none of the others. So what do you all think?
We wanted to do 2 signature meals and split the rest between buffets, family style and a la carte, but we had problems pinning them all down, as all the food looks sooooo yummy!!

The others that we've debated are:
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Hoop-De-Doo Revue

Can't wait to hear all the August/ September free diners' reviews popcorn::

Of course now there's the problem of fitting the meals around the park hours/ EMH :rolleyes: Who knew planning a WDW vacation could be so complicated :rotfl2:

Have a great weekend everyone :banana:

Sorry Catherine i can't give you any advice with your meal choices-as we have'nt dined in them places(yet :thumbsup2),the choices sound great though-i like the look of Liberty Tree Tavern+Tusker House.
We used our Fairfx card in April and i could not do without it now :worship:.x.

Nice ADR list :)

Have you considered Jiko or Narcoossee's as a signature option? both are absolutely amazing......

I'd love to try Teppan Edo

Nice ADR list :)

Have you considered Jiko or Narcoossee's as a signature option? both are absolutely amazing......

I'd love to try Teppan Edo

Hi

I've just had a look at both the Jiko and Narcossee's menus and the food pics :cloud9: Narcossees does look really lovely and I'm definitely mulling that over as an alternative to Cali Grill. I've heard fab things about Jiko, but my Mum isn't a fan of spicy food at all and the menu seems quite adventurous. We do love Boma though, so we'll give it a thought.

With Teppan Edo, I know it's a funny question but does it get very hot and uncomfortable being that close to the grill? :scared1:

Thanks for reading :)

Well, after months of waiting, debating (and quite often, salivating!) I've now booked the majority of my ADR's.

I was on the online system at 10.30am this morning waiting for my window to open up at 11.01am! :thumbsup2

I managed to get all the ressies I wanted and only had to alter the times on a couple by a few minutes. :thumbsup2

Here's what I got:
15/11 (day after arrival) - Boma breakfast @ 9.45am
16/11 - Kona Cafe @ 6.15pm
17/11 - Cape May Cafe @ 6.10pm
18/11 - Tusker House @1.20pm
19/11 - Le Chefs De France @ 6.30pm
20/11 - Coral Reef @ 5.30pm
21/11 - Spirit of Aloha cat 2 @ 8pm
22/11 - Liberty Tree Tavern @ 5.05pm
23/11 - Le Cellier @ 6.45pm
24/11 - Ohana @ 6.45pm

:worship:

Now all I've got to make is:
25/11 - Cali Grill dinner
26/11 - Boma dinner (for Thanksgiving)
27/11 - I'm hoping for the Candlelight Package at Biergarten/ Chefs or Le Cellier. If not, 1900 Park Fare (dinner)
28/11 - 1900 Park Fare brekkie (on our check-out day)

I'm excited now like you wouldn't believe! :cool1:

For anyone making there ADR's in the next few days/ weeks, I found the online system super easy - my 10 day window came up dead on 11.01am once I'd retrieved my reservation. It was getting my US reservation number a few weeks ago that was the trial - I've never had as many long, vacant pauses during a telephone conversation :lmao:

Oh and I want to say a big thanks to Rascal1003 for spotting the Netflights price drop - we booked this morning and saved £70 compared to the previous offers we'd seen. We've booked a full size 4dr with Dollar and then we'll see what kind of upgrade "offers" they mention at the desk. Also, thanks to Netty - added bonus of 5% Quidco :)

Now it's onto itinerary planning! ;)

Well, after some availability problems I've done a few swapsies with my ressies:

15/11 (day after arrival) - Boma breakfast @ 9.45am
16/11 - Kona Cafe @ 6.15pm
17/11 - Boma @ 6.15pm
18/11 - Tusker House @1.20pm
19/11 - Le Chefs De France @ 6.30pm
20/11 - Coral Reef @ 5.30pm
21/11 - Spirit of Aloha cat 2 @ 8pm
22/11 - Liberty Tree Tavern @ 5.05pm
23/11 - Le Cellier @ 6.45pm
24/11 - Ohana @ 6.45pm
25/11 - Cali Grill @ 7.40pm
26/11 - Cape May Cafe @ 6.30pm
27/11 - Le Cellier @ 6.45pm
28/11 - lunch @ either Grand Floridian Cafe or Raglan Road

The only thing that I'm really bummed about is the Candlelight Package being 2TS credits this year. I really wanted to do Biergarten for the package, but no way am I using 2TS on that!! Shame on Disney is all I can say - it won't be long until all the restaurants in the Fant! package are 2TS :scared1:

Well folks, it’s time for my single digit dance today :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Unfortunately though, as some of you may know, I’m currently off work and laid up with one sinker of a cold.:sad2: Having watched Narnia: Prince Caspian this morning and with plans to move onto Wall-E later, I thought I’d come on here and post my itinerary for the holiday.:thumbsup2

After the recent park hours/ EMH changes a few of the ADR’s have been moved around to fit in with the new plans, so here’s what I’ve got at the moment:

14/11
Fly to Orlando on 13:30 from Manchester (VA) :woohoo: Let's hope it's on time :rolleyes1
Check into SSR (we’ve requested top floor at Grandstand - we’ve normally been lucky with room requests in Disney, so fingers crossed)
Dinner: Artists Palette

15/11
Breakfast: Boma
Morning: Shopping
Afternoon: DTD - Festival of the Masters
Dinner: Pepper Market/ Wolfgang Puck Express

16/11
Morning: MK
Lunch: MK CS
Afternoon: Rest/ pool
Dinner: Kona Café

17/11
Morning: HS
Lunch: HS CS
Afternoon: Rest/ pool
Dinner: Boma

18/11
Breakfast: Artists Palette
Morning: Shopping
Lunch: snack
Afternoon and evening: EPCOT (EMH) (12am)
Dinner: Biergarten

19/11
Morning: Rest/ DTD
Lunch: DTD CS
Dinner: Chefs De France
Evening: EPCOT (VIP Illuminations)

20/11
Morning: EPCOT
Lunch: Tutto Italia
Evening: AK (EMH) (8pm) or MVMCP :santa:(done before and not bought tix yet but may buy while were there if weather looks good and we‘re all well - last time we sold our tickets back to Disney (thanks to the very helpful concierge at CSR) as I was poorly)

21/11
Morning: AK/ EPCOT
Lunch: AK CS/ EPCOT CS
Afternoon: DTD and balloon?
Dinner: Spirit of Aloha

22/11
Breakfast: Rainforest Cafe
Morning: AK (for hr before b’fast)
Afternoon and evening: MK (EMH) (3am) :eek:
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

23/11
Morning: Rest/ beach day
Lunch: resort CS
Afternoon: resort hopping/ beach day
Dinner: Le Cellier

24/11
Morning: HS
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express/ Earl of S’wich
Afternoon: shopping/ DTD balloon
Dinner: Ohana

25/11
Lunch: Captain Cooks or MK CS
Afternoon: ICE ? :santa:
Dinner: California Grill

26/11
Breakfast: Boma
Morning: AK
Lunch: AK CS/ DTD CS
Afternoon: Fantasia Gardens/ WinterSummerland and Boardwalk
Dinner: Cape May Café
Evening: EPCOT for Illuminations or watch from B/W

27/11
Lunch: MK CS
Afternoon: Rest/pool/ SHOPPING!!;)
Dinner: Le Cellier
Evening: EPCOT (EMH) (12.30am)

28/11
Check in at DTD
Last minute shopping at DTD/ MK?
Lunch: Grand Floridian Café or CS if have lots of credits leftover
Fly home :sad2:

Well, that’s the plan so-far although it’ll probably change when we get there (usually does).

So what do you think? I’ve been using TourGuideMike and Ridemax to form my plans (although I have gone against TGMike’s suggestions in some cases:rolleyes1). I know people don’t normally recommend EMH (evenings in particular), but we love them. We’ve rarely found them to be quiet, but I just love the atmosphere and except a jam-packed EPCOT EMH evening this March, I’ve always managed to get done all the rides I wanted to

One thing I’m thinking from the plans that we’ll probably be left with quite a few CS credits as it’s quite normal for us to eat brekie in the room before we head out and then split 2 CS meals (without desserts) between the 3 of us in the park and then eat dinner offsite. It’ll be interesting to see how we do with DDP. I certainly don’t want to over-order on food and then throw it away - I’d rather buy a few meals for strangers in the parks or just leave unused credits then let food needlessly go to waste.

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions on how to use leftover credits, both CS and snack they’d be welcome -are there certain foods for example that you buy to eat on the plane/ bring home??

Well, hope you enjoyed the update (if anyone is reading my ramblings that is:lmao:) and happy planning to anyone going soon also.:cool1:

Well it looks a great plan - with some nice places to eat.

Are you planning on going to a water park or just going round the pool.

Your plan sounds like mine normally do - and if you change it, it doesn't even matter - the fun is in just making one!!:)

Well it looks a great plan - with some nice places to eat.

Are you planning on going to a water park or just going round the pool.

Your plan sounds like mine normally do - and if you change it, it doesn't even matter - the fun is in just making one!!:)

Thanks!

We don't often do waterparks anymore, particularly now we stay onsite more often - the pools are like mini-waterparks. Also, I prefer Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach, but TL is closed this winter for it refurb.

I think my plan also depends very much on the weather - it's not much fun going around WDW in the rain (much better than the UK in the rain tho :rolleyes1), so if we get some bad weather, I can swap some things around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!