When you wish upon (more) ADRs PTR - ITINERARY ADDED 5/11

Tink2312

<font color=magenta>I didn't ask to be a princess
Hi :wave2:

Well I must admit I've been a bit of a lurker on the UK TR board. I've really enjoyed reading everyone else's, but been a bit lazy in doing my own. NO MORE - so here's my very first PTR (or TR for that matter :lmao:) Be gentle with me :goodvibes

So before I start I'll just give a bit of background (feel free to skip if you want).
My name's Catherine :wave2: and I'm 23 (fast hurtling towards 24, at which point I'll be in my mid-twenties :eek:) Anyhoo, I live with my parents due to the massive student debt I have and I'm currently on my way to qualifying as a solicitor. In fact I just started my new job this week :banana:
My parents love FL/ WDW as much as me (well almost as much :rotfl:) and we've just come back from the trip we took at Easter. He's a little pic of us on TT (we're the crazy dudes in the front row - yes that's me pulling the face :p):
DSCN2316.jpg

While we were over there we already started looking at the possiblity of going back later in the year. Then when we got home an offer came up that we just couldn't miss....

The plan... so far:

This unmissable offer is in fact free dining. We've always said we'd love to go during free dining, but in the summer it's just far too hot for any of us. So when the offer came up and it was running right through to December and you could get a free upgrade to Saratoga Springs, it was too good to miss :rolleyes1

We priced it up for a week, with the plan of staying a week offsite at the Blue Heron in LBV (where we stayed for part of our Easter hol.), but when you factored in the free dining, it actually worked out quite a bit cheaper to stay the full 2 weeks at SSR :upsidedow

So here's what we've booked:

14 nights at Saratoga Springs with free DDP and 14 day ultimate ticket through DisneyUK. We'll be there from 14th November and we check out 2 weeks later on the 28th November.
For three adults that worked out at just over £2,000, which including all the food, accomodation, ticket and parking charges in WDW etc. is a great deal!

We've got no flights at the moment, but we're thinking about booking some in the current Virgin flight sale.

We live about 30-40mins away from Manchester airport, so we always fly from there. Also, my Dad has a leg condition which makes him prone to DVTs, so we tend to fly direct so it's less time on the plane for him. So, all-in-all that makes us pretty restricted on where we can fly from and who we can fly with and it ends up really just being the one and only option of Virgin.

As for car hire, we toyed with the idea of not having a car for at least part of the holiday, but decided we enjoy being able to get around without the use of buses/ taxis too much not to have one. For the past few trips we've either had a full-size 4 door or SUV, so that's what we'll be looking to hire.

On to the actual holiday. Well, we'll have a lot of adr's to make! We're also thinking of doing a few shows/ signature meals that we wouldn't normally do without the DDP.

As for tickets, we've got the Disney Ultimate ticket, but I'm also thinking of buying us all Seaworld tickets as it's my Mum's favourite park and we haven't managed to go since 2005. We're also going to do a few non-Disney days and visit Mount Dora, Daytona and even perhaps St. Augustine.

Well, that's all the planning for now - hope you enjoyed my first installment and I'll keep updating y'all :)

Sounds a great plan! Were picking our ADRs too - but I keep changing my mind!

Great start Catherine. I was in the legal profession 'in a past life' - got fed up defending criminals for a living so I got out of it.

You'll love SSR, it's a great resort. :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

Great start Catherine. I was in the legal profession 'in a past life' - got fed up defending criminals for a living so I got out of it.

You'll love SSR, it's a great resort. :thumbsup2

I'm working in medical negligence at the moment and I feel like I'm helping people so I get a lot of satisfation out of it. It's funny because I originally wanted to work as a criminal defence solicitor!

Ok so we've taken the plunge and booked our flights :banana: The Virgin sale at the moment was just too good to pass up. Originally, we looked at doing Miles plus money, but the sale actually works out at about £40 per person cheaper, at just over £1,000 for the three of us!

So we've booked 3 economy seats on the 13.30 flight from Manchester and we booked the earlier return flight of 18.30. We managed to reserve seats 42ABC which we've had before. I was so glad we could reserve some not as far to the back of the plane like we were last trip, as it was really HOT back there :eek:

Also, another little update, I've taken the plunge and bought TourGuideMike. Although I've got this yr's Passporter and Birnbaums (yes, I do overdose on guidebooks!), I thought seen as we're going over Thanksgiving and spending 2 weeks onsite, I'd go the whole hog and be a total uber-planner :rolleyes1
At first glance it seems very good - lots of interesting articles and planning tips to read :thumbsup2

I think the next step is to get a Fairfax card and start loading up some $$. Anybody got any predictions on the Dollar rate...anyone :rotfl2:

Right that's it for now, thanks for reading my ramblings :)

I always join TourGuide Mike just for the Least Crowded Parks Charts and they've never failed us.

I predict that by the time you go it will be £1 = $3
DISCLAIMER: I am not a financial expert. ;)

I always join TourGuide Mike just for the Least Crowded Parks Charts and they've never failed us.

I predict that by the time you go it will be £1 = $3
DISCLAIMER: I am not a financial expert. ;)

Glad you found TGM to be good. :thumbsup2

Wow - $3 to the £ sounds very good - to be honest though with that predition, I'm not surprised to hear that your financial expert credentials are lacking :laughing: ;)

It'd be nice to get $1.70 or $1.80, but I'm not holding my breath ;)

we have used TGM a couple of times and found it very useful

your trip sounds great :thumbsup2

Great start to your ptr Catherine. :thumbsup2

I am going in Sept with free dining! I can't wait. :cool1: Choosing adr's is fun but I keep changing my mind & am driving myself crazy. :lmao:

Looking forward to reading more.

Great start to your ptr Catherine. :thumbsup2

I am going in Sept with free dining! I can't wait. :cool1: Choosing adr's is fun but I keep changing my mind & am driving myself crazy. :lmao:

Looking forward to reading more.

I know how you feel. It seems a bit silly with all that's going on in the world but I'm currently in a Coral Reef/ Teppan Edo/ San Angel Inn/ Nice Dragons debate... and I can't even make the ADR's for another 3 months :faint:

Glad you're enjoying the report :thumbsup2

Soundls like a great trip :) and great deals on all parts of it too :)

ADR picking is def my favourite part of the planning too - and the ones you've got in mind are definitely places I like the sound of :)

So you're in Med Neg? It sounds like you're enjoying it. I worked as a Med Neg paralegal years ago and loved it.

Do you have a training contract lined up yet?

I know how you feel. It seems a bit silly with all that's going on in the world but I'm currently in a Coral Reef/ Teppan Edo/ San Angel Inn/ Nice Dragons debate... and I can't even make the ADR's for another 3 months :faint:

Glad you're enjoying the report :thumbsup2

:lmao: I know exactly what you mean! I have been debating & changing my ADR's since last August when I booked. :rotfl2:

The way I see it (or pretend to myself :teeth:) why I am spending sooo much time looking at menus is because it's free dining & i think once they are booked I will have little or no chance to change any.....therefore I want to get them right before I can book them in June......well that's my excuse & I am sticking to it. ;)

sounds like a great trip planned and a bargain too. SSR is my favourite resort ever.

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter