~When You Met Your SO...Were There Sparks?~

Considering I was 12 when I met him and he was 17 - no, there were no sparks, but there were 10 years later when we started dating and 11 years later I am happy to say the sparks are still there.

sparks? oh yeah, DH is a hottie!! but more than that a feeling of "home" does that make sense? we had talked on the phone for 6 weeks before we actually met in person ( he was a friend of a friend and lived in Canada) I never thought of him in "that way" until the morning that I left to go see him. He called me at 5 AM to make sure I was up, he was so excited to meet me . :) then it hit me that he was everything I wanted in a man. I hadnt even seen him yet.
When I finally saw him later that day I thought "WOW all that and hes gorgeous too!" and from there we just slipped into this relationship like we had always been together.

He felt like coming home. that was all I ever wanted. :)

no sparks. I had an an-and-off relationship with someone else when I met DH (during an "off" time) and didn't really know what I wanted. Eventually I was hanging around with DH more often than not and one day it just hit me, "I'm going to marry this guy." And then right after, "but that is such a bad idea." LOL. I love him dearly, but I'm still of same two minds about him. :teeth:

I moved next door to DH when I was 14 and he was 16. We rode the bus together. Yes, I liked him right away but he was such a jerk to me. He would literally ruin my whole day. So, I couldn't stand him after awhile.

Then, I moved back in with my mom and didn't see Dh until I was 17 and he was 19. I moved back in with my dad who lived somewhere completely different by this point. My dad had me go to his church and lo and behold that is the church Dh and his family attended too. It was love at first sight this time around for both of us. We have been together ever since. My mom used to tell me that the one you can't stand is the one you will end up marrying. She was right!

With my first DH yes, it was definetly love at first sight and many many sparks!!! :teeth:

With my DH now, we were friends first. He was my sister's neighbor and I had car problems near his house. He helped me with that and the rest is history! :bounce:

We both had sparks, but I tried to ignore mine. I thought he was the guy that another friend liked so I did not want to step on that, but when I found out that he was "just" her cousin.....that was 12 years ago on the 23rd!

The very first time I met my BF, I knew there was "something different". I didn't think sparks right away because we were in a group eating dinner and bowling but as the night went on I was completely intrigued by him and made sure that I was around him as much as possible ... we started talking, emailing etc...found out we both felt the same way and we've been together for a year. I know now, that this is "different" than any other relationship I've ever been in. I'd like to say he's 'the one' but I don't want to jinx anything...although I really think he is. It just feels right!

We most definitely had an immediate attraction, and comfort level.

But I didn't think of him as "the one" until much later. In fact, I thought he was definitely not husband material, for me - I had a lot of baggage and thought he'd be better off with someone not quite so encumbered.

But the attraction won out, and all that baggage that I worried about so much back then seems so inconsequential now.

Nope - nothing - he was older and I had NO interest in a relationship - I would never tell him this but I did declare after meeting him - I just met my future husband - too bad I was talking about one of his friends - who ended up being a good friend but was a womanizer and just no longer attractive - DH turned out to be a good friend and wonderful boyfriend -

those first impressions can be tricky!!!

No sparks. Over time we became good friends, then fell in love. We're celebrating anniversary #31 this May :love:

Not for me. He asked me several times if I ever thought there would be anything more than friends and I said no. We were together EVERY night, talked on the phone EVERY day and night. We were the total Harry & Sally couple. Took me a little bit to realize that I was in love with my best friend. :love: :love:

I knew DH was the one the first time I talked to him on the phone...we talked for an hour and when we hung up I said "this is the man I am going to marry"....of course no one was around to hear me but it counts just the same! :p

Not just sparks, fire! Ironically, we'd been set up by a mutual friend who thought we'd be perfect for each other since we were both certain that we never wanted to remarry. We knew we'd marry after our first date! :love: We just had to wait a "respectable" amount of time before actually tying the knot.

DH and I met the first day of WR 121 class. It was my first term of college and I told myself that I was not going to get involved in a relationship. I never had a boyfriend in high school because I wanted to focus and get good grades (nerd alert :blush: ) I had the same outlook for college.

Then Sept 26th, 1995 hit. I was sitting across from the door of the classroom and in walked this tall, dark haired guy. He started heading twords me and the empty chair next to me. As he rounded the corner I looked into his eyes and he smiled. I felt like I had known him all my life. He sat next to me and I felt very comfortable talking to him ( I would normally freeze talking to guys). We talked a little during class then after as we were walking out he asked if I wanted to go with him to get a coffee. I said "No thanks, I don't like coffee" and walked away :rolleyes: Poor guy. He always sat next to me during class and a couple weeks later he asked me to a movie and I said yes this time :lovestruc

The rest as they say is history :cloud9:

Oh yeh! Sparks from both of us!
About 7-8 years ago a co-worker of DH was dating a woman who wanted to get married. The co-worker was unsure of his feelings and asked DH when he new he wanted to marry me. He said, the minute I saw her.(sigh, :cloud9: )
Not long after they broke up. I felt kinda bad. I hope they are both happy now!

When I very first met DH- no, there were not sparks. But I was 14 and he was 17...different leagues at the time.

When we started being friendly, I was almost 18 and he lived with my two best guy friends. And there were some definite sparks- very flirty, and our first kiss was unlike anything I had experienced before. I think him too, and he was the "Experienced" 21 year old...I remember him jumping off the couch and saying, "Uh....we need to slow down here!" We were so-called good Christian kids at the time. That didn't last long. :rolleyes1 :blush: We still have sparks, but sometimes we use those sparks to push each other's buttons! Just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Friday, so we are doing something right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter