When will we know opening day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all speculation, but I would imagine, we will know by June. Unlike other lands/projects, WDW is building the exact stuff that it's building at DL. When the SWGE DL is ready to open, it should give SWGE WDW a pretty good idea how far from opening it is. They should be able to have an opening date by then. This should also help with major problems since they will have the land completed in DL as a model. Just speculation, of course.

WDW version will be a tad bigger and more space to move around..

WDW version will be a tad bigger and more space to move around..

No, they are both occupying 14 acres of space, that's pretty well documented. Disneyland Cali will actually be better equipped to manage crowds with 3 entrance points vs the 2 at WDW. The Star Wars Hotel going in at WDW won't add any space for park guests since it's a separate experience from the land and due to its immersive nature likely won't be open for resort-hopping the way other resorts are.

11-2-2019 6 am ...:rolleyes:
that's only a guess based on nothing...but...it is the first week between the party's and I would think they would want MK open every night to help with the huge crowds.

also Jersey week.... I think...YEAH!

Isn't that Marathon Weekend? I'm thinking it's a soft opening Thanksgiving week and official on Nov. 30th.

I wonder if they'll save announcing the opening date for WDW until D23 this Summer? That's Aug. 23-25.

Kind of late for people who are wanting to book trips, but Disney is probably wanting to announce the dates as close to the opening as possible in case of construction / weather delays...And that would still be likely 90+ days ahead of hard opening for making fp's

I wonder if they'll save announcing the opening date for WDW until D23 this Summer? That's Aug. 23-25.

Kind of late for people who are wanting to book trips, but Disney is probably wanting to announce the dates as close to the opening as possible in case of construction / weather delays...And that would still be likely 90+ days ahead of hard opening for making fp's

I was just coming here to mention, I bet we get the Opening date for DLR at Star Wars Celebration (April...3-4 month lead to about July-Aug). Then WDW opening at D23 with a similar lead of 3-4 months (Late Oct-Dec). Would keep inline with what we have been hearing with Summer for DLR and Fall for WDW. TSL was about a 4 month lead, no?

I was just coming here to mention, I bet we get the Opening date for DLR at Star Wars Celebration (April...3-4 month lead to about July-Aug). Then WDW opening at D23 with a similar lead of 3-4 months (Late Oct-Dec). Would keep inline with what we have been hearing with Summer for DLR and Fall for WDW. TSL was about a 4 month lead, no?
They have already said June for DL, but no exact date. Wouldn’t surprise me if they still announced at Celebration.

Side note: Celebration is less than 6 weeks away :yay:

I expect hard dates to be announced at Celebration for WDW, Disneyland should be announced soon since we had such a big info dump this week

I don't think we'll hear much on GE@WDW at D23, they'll going to go strong on MK50 and EPCOT40

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!