When Will Pro Internships Post?!

Rufio

Disney Veteran/Lost Boy
I simply am going crazy! I keep checking the Disney website for posting, but every department for Disney World Resort has nothing. Does anyone know or have a thought on when this process will start? My mice in DW said it would be posted in Jan for June to Jan internship.

Please help thanks...

I know right, when I saw that post yesterday I was so excited only to be crushed to find out that only CP apps were up... Just wanted to let you know that I here with you dying for to apps to be posted. Hopefully it will be soon because I am going crazy with the wait...

I simply am going crazy! I keep checking the Disney website for posting, but every department for Disney World Resort has nothing. Does anyone know or have a thought on when this process will start? My mice in DW said it would be posted in Jan for June to Jan internship.

Please help thanks...

If the past years are any indication, they'll be up sometime between now and the end of next week, depending on the department. My guess would be by the end of this week or early next week. Once they start they'll go up fast. You might tune-up your resume and start a cover letter now so you can submit your full application as soon as they're posted, if you have an idea what internship you might be looking into. Good luck!

Thankfully my resume is ready to go, as usual I'm having trouble writing a cover letter but that will be done soon hopefully. What roles are you guys interested in. I am hoping for something in marketing.

I posted this in another thread... but it's applicable here. I do not have any "insider" info, just what I hear. So take this as a grain of salt!!

There is some bad news regarding the PIs - a great deal of PIs were cut for the Spring 2009 program because of the economy. The few that were offered were done so if the specific department budgeted for interns.

My department houses all Animal Program, Epcot Land/Living Seas, and Learning Solutions interns - that's something like 50 interns. My supervisor said that at this point she does not know if any of those will be offered for the Fall, it depends on how the budget works out, so she will not be posting them anytime soon. She hinted that the other departments are probably facing similar issues.

My fellow intern asked about extending his program or applying for new internships when they are posted... her response was IF they are posted.

I posted this in another thread... but it's applicable here. I do not have any "insider" info, just what I hear. So take this as a grain of salt!!

There is some bad news regarding the PIs - a great deal of PIs were cut for the Spring 2009 program because of the economy. The few that were offered were done so if the specific department budgeted for interns.

My department houses all Animal Program, Epcot Land/Living Seas, and Learning Solutions interns - that's something like 50 interns. My supervisor said that at this point she does not know if any of those will be offered for the Fall, it depends on how the budget works out, so she will not be posting them anytime soon. She hinted that the other departments are probably facing similar issues.

My fellow intern asked about extending his program or applying for new internships when they are posted... her response was IF they are posted.

this is heart wrenching. hopefully it can turn around by the time I apply for mine.

anyway, it's good to hear from you... I really miss your blog - please keep us posted!

My recruiter informed me last month that apps would go up in mid-February...she heard that straight from Professional Internship Recruiting.

My recruiter informed me last month that apps would go up in mid-February...she heard that straight from Professional Internship Recruiting.

I stand corrected. I suppose it was naive to think that this would remain as it was for at least the past three years, since little else is the same anymore!

Best of luck, everybody.

As one of the people who probably didn't get a position Fall 08 because of the cut-backs, I can definitely say that I hope things are better for this Spring. I don't know if I'll indefinitely take any position I'm offered, but I'd like to see if I do get offered anything.

If not, I'll probably just do the Summer Alumni program.

Hey All, My recruiter also told me mid-february. But I also have heart-wrenching news. I was told that 75% of the PIs were cut due to budgeting problems and will not be returning in time for us to apply. I am devasted by this as i am sure you are too.

Hey All, My recruiter also told me mid-february. But I also have heart-wrenching news. I was told that 75% of the PIs were cut due to budgeting problems and will not be returning in time for us to apply. I am devasted by this as i am sure you are too.

I hope that's not permanent...

Has anyone heard if they are allowing those who applied for Spring but were frozen out to re-apply? I know that you have to be in school or just graduated... which was my case when I applied for Spring... but now obviously I've been out of school for a little while?

I'm not even sure it would be worth it with all the cuts - the likelihood of getting placed FT after the internship is pretty slim.. esp. with them just laying off the 600 execs as well as the layoffs within ABC....

hmmm....:confused3

Has anyone heard if they are allowing those who applied for Spring but were frozen out to re-apply? I know that you have to be in school or just graduated... which was my case when I applied for Spring... but now obviously I've been out of school for a little while?

I'm not even sure it would be worth it with all the cuts - the likelihood of getting placed FT after the internship is pretty slim.. esp. with them just laying off the 600 execs as well as the layoffs within ABC....

hmmm....:confused3

I believe the rule is that you have to have graduated within 18 months on the internship. I'm not positive, but I know that a group of interns that started this January graduated last May and I've heard it from someone who works in casting. I'm afraid I can't say where you'd find that in writing however.

Does anyone know if a cover letter is required when you apply? I have heard from some people that they aren't and others say they are. If they are I am going to be busy trying to figure out how to write one.

It is never said that they are required... but I did submit an individualized one for each position and I was interviewed for three positions, so it can't hurt!

Hey guys,

Do you happen to know of any plans to cut the interns currently working? I'm in a full-year internship which is set to end in June, and I'm really concerned.

I just checked the website. There are a couple pro internships posted now- in Animal Programs and one in Golf, just in case anyone is interestd in those fields!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter