When was the last time you moved?

I bought my first home in '93. We have a great spot so I don't know what our next move might be.

2003. But we're in the process of looking for our retirement home. I'm being VERY picky because this is the last time I'm moving... it's going to be such a huge job.

When i first got married we moved 4 times in 5 years, each time to a new state (Ok>Wa>Tx>Oh>Ga). And we were looking at moving to Fl within a year of arriving in Ga but things didn't pan out, the twins were born, my oldest started school and we have now been in one spot for 15 years. The thought of moving now scares me... but before, the thought of sitting still did that...

We moved into our current house in 2006. Before that I moved into dh's house in 1994 when we got married.

I don't expect to move again for several years. We're thinking about an urban area with good public transportation, lots to do, mild weather and good health care.

7 years. Moved to get into a good school district... and after 7yrs, they're now both in private school anyway. :-/ Guess we saved tuition x 2 x 7... not too bad. :) I'd love to have our last house back, though...

35 years.
Remodeled the house 5 years ago to transfer it from our family home to our retirement home.
My wife and I have no desire to ever move again for different reasons.
Me, because I only lived in 2 places as a child, and 2 as an adult and just not something I have done.
My wife, because she is an Air Force Brat. One year as a child she moved 6 times between 2 countries, and 3 states.

in 2000 I moved from MA to MD, and in 2002 we bought a house and moved 2 miles up the road from where we were living. Don't plan on moving ever again

5 years ago, but only to a different house in the same city. This house has plenty of space and everything we need so we'll probably stay put until the kids are gone, so maybe another 10 years.

I love moving and miss it.

When I'm retired I'd like to pare down my stuff to just the bare basics and move every year or so. There are so many areas of the country/world that I'd like to live for a while.

35 years.
Remodeled the house 5 years ago to transfer it from our family home to our retirement home.
My wife and I have no desire to ever move again for different reasons.
Me, because I only lived in 2 places as a child, and 2 as an adult and just not something I have done.
My wife, because she is an Air Force Brat. One year as a child she moved 6 times between 2 countries, and 3 states.

Curious what you did to change it from family home to retirement home.

We watched the invention of the wheel from this house and have no plans to move ever. At one time, we had thought of moving closer to DD ( little more rural), but as we got older, we find being closer to medical facilities getting more important.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter