when to put magic bands on wrist

sunflowerfields

Mouseketeer
We are 10 days away from our trip now. I have everyone's magic band at my house. When should we start wearing them?

Do we put them on the morning we fly to Disney? I don't want to put them on too soon and find out we should have waited to get to the resort.

I have 16 bands and hate to think I will have to pack the three boxes they are in in our carry on luggage. That would take up some space!

I did read through the thread about magic bands but didn't find an answer to this.

When is the right time?

Thanks so much for replies.

Out them the morning you fly, that means you don't have to pack them and they will already be on for the ME

thanks for the replies. I thought that might be the way to do it, but wanted to hear from others so I didn't mess up!

Hi, I toss ours into my carryon (no box) & after getting thru security at our departure airport we put them on while waiting to board the plane. Have a great trip!

You need one per party for DME so be sure you have at least one in your carryon when you arrive at Orlando airport. Other than that you can wear them whenever you like :)

We always put ours on before we leave for the airport in the morning. We find it saves us time on awkward conversations with strangers sitting in the terminal waiting for the flight who ask us if we're going to Disney, Universal, or the beach.

Joking, it's just easier for us to make sure everyone has their band if they're wearing them before we leave home.

I usually wait until we're on the train to the main terminal at MCO. Plenty of room and nothing else to do at that point in time.

Our last trip I put them in a zip lock in my carry on bag. Just before we got to the Magical Express area I got them out and we put them on, my DD loved being able to scan her band at the ME check us in for it.

Do we put them on the morning we fly to Disney? I don't want to put them on too soon and find out we should have waited to get to the resort.

Pack them in your carry on if flying. You will not see your luggage before you'll want to get into your room or use them for food/pool/parks.... The first place you may use it is magical express. have 1 handy and wear it after you land if you want. They will scan your band to check you in and tell you where to be for your bus. The next time you'll need them is room key, some resort pools, meal plan or park tickets.

If your driving in, security at the resort entrance can scan it to verify your a guest and suppose to be there. The driver should have it handy. then same as above and you'll next use it for room, food, some pools or park entrance.

If your not doing online checkin, it can speed up checkin to have it ready also. they don't always need to scan but they sometimes ask to scan it.

I put mine on during the tram ride from the terminal at MCO so it is ready for Magical Express.

No need to bring all the boxes. Just throw them all in a ziploc bag. Your bands will work interchangeably so you don't even have to bring all of them if you don't want to. They have nothing coded on them, they simply link to your MDEx profile. Any band created for you will work to pull info from that profile for this trip and any future trips.

Only time I put them on is when entering a park or using FP+ at an attraction. Otherwise they're in my pocket. I really don't care for wearing them.

Immediately - Once attached the bands will not release until the trip is ended at which point the mechanical latches are unlocked and you are released from Mickey-servitude. :)

Honestly, I've always put mine on either at the airport gate just after security or at arrival to Orlando's airport. You can use them at the Magical Express point for the buses.

Last edited:
I have the magic bands in my carry on and once we get through security and are waiting to board, I let the kids put their bands on- they LOVE wearing magic bands and get really excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter