When to go

tarheel

Mouseketeer
Hi. I have just started thinking of going to DL next year 2006. I haven't read anything but this forum. When is a good time of the year to go? I realize that summer is busy just like it is in Orlando, but would June be doable for first timers? Our school system is doing away with fall break, so we are really left with summer, spring break, or the Holidays, both of which we would probably want to avoid. Let me know what you think and what the weather is usually like. Thanks!

It's do-able. We went in July - and it was crowded, but we still had a great time using fast-passes and other timesavers. Some advice - go to Disneyland 1st thing as soon as they open, and go straight to Fantasyland and the Matterhorn ( no fast passes!). Get those done early, then do more D-Land until it gets crazy there - then go on over to CA Adventure get fast passes for Soarin, maybe the Rapid ride and do stuff there until it's time to go back to D-land to see the 2nd (Not the First!!!!! Way to crowded) Fantasmic Show. You'll manage the crowds in June fine if you just work the opposite way the crowds move. I highly recommend the Unofficial Guides - they cover crowd management really well! You'll have a great time!

Thanks. That advice sounds good. Does the fastpass system work like it does in Orladno where you can only hold one fastpass at a time( I know you can get another when the start ride time is for the fastpass). It sounds like you were suggesting I grab fastpasses for several things at once. Thanks again!

Actually at DL there are a few attractions with disconnected fastpass machines--at DL Star Tours and Roger Rabbit, and at DCA Grizzly River is disconnected, so you can hold fastpasses for those rides along with a fastpass from another connected ride. Also, the two parks are not connected to eachother, so you can hold fastpasses for both parks (just remember that in order to get a fastpass the ticket media used has to have been used for entry).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter