When to get to the park?

RoyDad

Earning My Ears
Hey there.... my family and I are heading down to Disney the 3rd week in May, park hours keep getting better but my real question is what time should I actually get to the park. You guys are the experts, I’m looking for a little help....

If Magic Kingdom “opens” at 8am what time should I be there for 7:30? When can I actually walk through the gates of the park. I see Vlogs of people getting before “open time” so I’m asking....

thank you in advance and love this site!

Gates and parking lots are opening 45 minutes before posted park opening. If you're driving, plan to arrive an 45 minutes to an hour before posted opening. If you get there too early, they'll have you turn around and make a loop back. Once you're into the lot, you'll be able to go straight through temp checks, security and ticket scan and into the park. Some parks only have a few rides starting in the preopening time though it's typically eticket rides.

Gates and parking lots are opening 45 minutes before posted park opening. If you're driving, plan to arrive an 45 minutes to an hour before posted opening. If you get there too early, they'll have you turn around and make a loop back. Once you're into the lot, you'll be able to go straight through temp checks, security and ticket scan and into the park. Some parks only have a few rides starting in the preopening time though it's typically eticket rides.
Thank you!!! We are staying over at the beach club so we don’t have to worry about the parking lot but thank you for the advice! Big help!

Thank you!!! We are staying over at the beach club so we don’t have to worry about the parking lot but thank you for the advice! Big help!
Nice, I'd recommend heading over to the parks about 75-90 minutes before posted park opening then to get in line if you're walking. Typically walkers are first in line, first through all the screening checks.

Have a great trip!

If you're going by bus, I would get in line 90 minutes prior to park opening. Walking (to HS or Epcot if you're at BC), I would aim to be at the park gates around an hour early. This is the strategy we use and it consistently gets us in as some of the first people in the parks. They've been letting people in about 45 minutes early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter