When to book?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by davisdenyel, Feb 24, 2010.

  1. davisdenyel

    davisdenyel Mouseketeer

    Oct 29, 2006
    I am wanting to go on the 7 day western cruise but not until Nov 2011. There is 5 of us going. Would now be the best time to put a deposit down? Or should I wait and hope it goes down cheaper or wait and hopefully they will have kids sail free again? I am afraid to book now just in case it goes cheaper. But then again I am also afraid that it will go higher if I dont book now. I guess I never looked into the prices before so I dont even know what a decent price should be.
  2. kcashner

    kcashner DIS Veteran

    Dec 4, 2003
    In general, you get the best prices when rates come out. The price goes up as the ship fills.

    As you implied, we can't predict whether there will be something like a kid's free program again. IF a special comes out before your penalty date, you can cancel and rebook with the new offer. If it is after the penalty date, you're basically stuck...but you got the best you could.

    DCL used to have a policy that if they lowered a rate, they would meet the new rate if asked. They don't do that any more (as of the EBTA penalty date). MANY TAs have encouraged them to re-think this new policy as it just encourages people to delay booking.

Share This Page