When I read sleeps 4 plus, what does that mean exactly?

DWVol

Earning My Ears
When looking at a room I notice that some of them say that it sleeps 4 plus as long as the extra person brings their own bedding and linens. Does that mean that we could use a blow up mattress, or are other things needed? We have a family of five and DVC would be great IF we can get something in our price range and can sleep all of us. I noticed that BWV has a studio that sleeps 5, which would be nice, but I want to maximize my points for as long as I can.

When looking at a room I notice that some of them say that it sleeps 4 plus as long as the extra person brings their own bedding and linens. Does that mean that we could use a blow up mattress, or are other things needed? We have a family of five and DVC would be great IF we can get something in our price range and can sleep all of us. I noticed that BWV has a studio that sleeps 5, which would be nice, but I want to maximize my points for as long as I can.
Yes, you can bring an air mattress for that 5th person as long as occupancy permits. Keep in mind that linens also refers to towels and wash cloths.

Welcome! Family of 5 here. Yes, that is exactly right. Some of the 1brs really do only sleep 4 (Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge), and some really do sleep 5 (Bay Lake and AK Kidani). I own @ BLT and have only stayed there, but that worked really well. It has a master suite with a 2nd bathroom, and fold-out queen and a sleeper chair that folds out. My kids don't like sharing beds so they pushed the ottoman into the dining area and made a bed there - it worked great.

Boardwalk is as you described from my understanding and that is what we will be doing on our next trip. Here's an article I found about it;
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/boardwalk-five-people-one-infant-staying-villas-infant-329470/#:~:text=You must be very excited,vacation at Disney's BoardWalk Villas.&text=Therefore, as the Deluxe Studios,to each of these reservations.

Woops - just realized you are talking about studios. My kids are older so we really kinda need the 1br, plus the kitchen is a huge benefit to us.

Some of the 1brs really do only sleep 4 (Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge), and some really do sleep 5 (Bay Lake and AK Kidani).

CCV and Jambo Value 1BR are hard limit 4, but BRV 1BR is a BYOBed sleeps 5.

The BYOB 1BR sleeps 5 are BRV, BCV, BWV.

1BR natively sleeps 5, with sleeping surfaces provided are AKV (Standard, Savannah, Club), VGF, OKW, SSR, RIV, BLT.

1BR hard limit 4 are CCV, AKV Value.

This, obviously, is just the on-campus options.

CCV and Jambo Value 1BR are hard limit 4, but BRV 1BR is a BYOBed sleeps 5.

The BYOB 1BR sleeps 5 are BRV, BCV, BWV.

1BR natively sleeps 5, with sleeping surfaces provided are AKV (Standard, Savannah, Club), VGF, OKW, SSR, RIV, BLT.

1BR hard limit 4 are CCV, AKV Value.

This, obviously, is just the on-campus options.
Thanks! Glad you responded - I knew you knew ;) I thought that BRV and CCV were the same configuration - good to know that BRV is an option for families of 5.

Thanks! Glad you responded - I knew you knew ;) I thought that BRV and CCV were the same configuration - good to know that BRV is an option for families of 5.
It's one of the things that surprised people about CCV, given that they were trying to keep points level. BRV is a native 5 studio, BYOBed 1BR, but CCV is hard limit 4 in both.

Polynesian studios are the most comfortable studios for 5 people IMO. The extra shower and sink really help out.

Thank you for all of your responses! I'm glad that our family isn't the only one with this problem. My kids are 6, 6 and 2, and this is our last year in a "normal" size hotel room. I like the idea of DVC alone, but it's a huge monetary commitment.

Out of those resorts which do you feel is the best value for your points for a family of five?

In the long run I think SSR is the best value for your money (cheap dues, low point cost) for a family of 5, because you will probably want the space and amenities of a 1BR villa when the kids get older. But they don't have 5 person studios. So if you really, really don't mind 5 in a studio, the Poly will stretch your points a little further. Five of us (3 teens, 2 adults) stayed in a studio at the Poly for 8 nights. We did it to stretch points one time, and it was not bad at all. But, I found out my teenage kids snore lol!
A 1 bedroom villa is so, so much better for 5 grown people in the long run.

In the long run I think SSR is the best value for your money (cheap dues, low point cost) for a family of 5, because you will probably want the space and amenities of a 1BR villa when the kids get older. But they don't have 5 person studios. So if you really, really don't mind 5 in a studio, the Poly will stretch your points a little further. Five of us (3 teens, 2 adults) stayed in a studio at the Poly for 8 nights. We did it to stretch points one time, and it was not bad at all. But, I found out my teenage kids snore lol!
A 1 bedroom villa is so, so much better for 5 grown people in the long run.

Yeah, nothing like family bonding like 5 people in a hotel room for a week! I had been leaning toward SSR, and the points seem to be much cheaper overall. We typically drive to the parks anyway so the location isn't the most important in that aspect. I think for my wife and I to be able to have some separation from the kids for the night would also really be a benefit.

Yeah, nothing like family bonding like 5 people in a hotel room for a week! I had been leaning toward SSR, and the points seem to be much cheaper overall. We typically drive to the parks anyway so the location isn't the most important in that aspect. I think for my wife and I to be able to have some separation from the kids for the night would also really be a benefit.

We've stayed at SSR more than any other place. If you take a car it's nice because you can park near your villa (which is great with a family for packing/unpacking, and if you want to leave some items in the car). You can also walk back and forth to Disney Springs which is a nice perk. On a typical trip we may go to each park once, but probably go to DS 3 or 4 times. All the rooms should be done with refurbishment soon, which makes a 1BR villa even better for 5 people (no more couch bed or bringing bedding for a 5th person). Eventually as the kids get older...you may trips as a couple occasionally and leave the kids behind, and SSR has cheaper on point studios for that. We've done that twice.

Polynesian studios are the most comfortable studios for 5 people IMO. The extra shower and sink really help out.
Totally agree - We have a family of 5 and can pull it off at the Poly, but have found it is getting harder and harder to pull that off in other resorts, as our children grow. 1 BDRs are a must in most other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter