When do you pack for your trip? and is there anything special you do?

My wife's list has things like "hand-paint the outfits" :rolleyes: I had to make sure they were dry before I packed them :lmao:

I am the vacumn bag person! My dh sits on the bags & gets all the air out! It is a funny sight but boy are they tight. Is there another way to make lists other than your computer? I'm at work all day and that's all I do is make lists. Now, I don't do the index cards, but I have our itineriary printed out and posted in every room w/the times, hrs, parade times, and our ADR #. We all are disney nerds aren't we?
Have fun!

juligrl said:
Okay, I'll admit, I make a list of what needs to be in each bag. Over the top? Probably, but I always know where what I need is!

I start making, or more in reality, add to my previous vacation lists. Always have made a list to what I'm packing. More to the point, after 35 some visits to WDW, I have a list that I print out and only have to add quanities, which depends on length of stays.

I don't forget anything, I check each item off as it goes into the bag from novels to binoculars, its all on paper, no guessing. When do I pack, about 2 weeks before we leave, I hate last minute scrounging for items and by the time the actual night before comes, I'm not in the frame of mind to go. Once I'm in WDW I don't want to leave but packing 2 weeks before I'm not jittery about forgetting something. Basically I have 3 drawers full of just vacation clothes, only worn on vacation from underwear to everything and my toilet kit is just for vacations, always ready to go, when we return I replace anything that needs replaced and its all there, no fuss no muss.

Packing......such a chore... since we are going in November, and I live in NY... I will pack all of the summer clothes in Sept when I would otherwise put them away. Which means having to repack before our trip...BUT we are going to Disney, so it is all worth the hassle!!

However to answer your original question... I have a master list and give lists to the husband and kids, and use a lot of zip lock bags

:teeth:

Dtto for the master list ! I usually start gathering things right after making all the ressies and put it in bagsin the closet, then break out the suitcases and start packing the weekend before we leave! :)

Hee HEe! We are going in Sept. and I started packing 4 months ago :blush: mostly the stuff we will not want to buy at the parks- like individual laundry detergent, sun block :sunny: pool noodles for the resort pool(we leave them with kids at the end of our trip and then we have more room to pack things we bought!) Our Shampoo and conditioner and all things potentially wet go in bags :thumbsup2

Happy Canada Day!!!!!

Im going in July but my mom has been packing, making a packing list, and planning since she first knew we were going. Sometimes i think its a little bit to early when she starts planning like a year in advance but i get why she does it, it makes things alot more less stressed when do things early on because then you dont have to worry about it later. if i were you i'd start getting things together. . . start packing. . . start figuring out what you need to get for your trip that you dont have. . . so you wont have to feel rushed when it gets closer to the day your planned to leave.

I made a list over a month ago for our September trip. I have planned 2 outfits per day and then added additional items and toiletries. I have already packed most of my hand luggage and have a box which contains toiletries i have brought for our trip. I will start packing as soon as i get my suitcase out (probably about 3 weeks before our trip). My mum thinks I'm crazy but i am a planning person and plan everything i do, i have even decided what i will order at each TS and CS on our trip.

I make a basic list for clothes and stuff and another list for food/meals since we stay at the cabins and cook some.

About a month ahead of time though we start filling the "dis box" with treats and stuff that we dont normally buy. Every time I go to the store I pick up something for the box.

besides obsessively plan? not much.

just kidding.

we did so good with the NO overpacking last year, since we are DVC members our villas have washer/dryers and i don't mind doing a few loads of laundry if that means less to pack.

and, always pack in your carry on what you will need within the first 24 hours after arrival. best tip i've learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter