When do you find out...

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
In reading another post about upgrades at check-in, it made me wonder...When do you actually know if you are being upgraded. I know that when you sail on DCL, unless you pick your actual room number, then you are only guaranteed a room in the "category" that you book. However, a couple of weeks before your sail date, your room is actually assigned, and then you can see if you have been upgraded or not. I was just wondering if the resorts worked the same way. Do they mail you something with your room number? Our upcoming trip will only be our second, so please pardon me if what I'm asking is a little crazy or doesn't make sense. TIA!

I found out about my upgrade when I arrived at the beach club, booked standard view and was upgraded to concierge.
But I have heard of people on this board that have checked online at the Disney website and have seen thier upgrade.

We were not even told at check in and realized it once we got to our room! It was HUGE! I was really excited.
It was our Honeymoon, so I'm sure that was why!

Good Luck!

Unlike a cruise ship..

Hotels are much more fluid entities with guests arriving and departing on a daily basis.. people deciding to stay longer.. or leave earlier.. and all new reservations being added, cancelled, moved or changed on a daily basis.

They could no more pick your room three weeks out than fly you to the mars. Oh wait.. There's Mission: Space.. well you know what I mean.

very few guests to WDW resort receive an upgrade.

I think these days it is done by the computer - especially the ones from Pop to OKW or SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter