When are you planning to return to DLR?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
I've been wrestling with this myself and this is more a question for those who don't have current (ever inching back) reservations.

I'm tentatively planning on making hotel reservations for early November 2021 when they are made available (off site), but I'm also considering skipping next year and going in late February 2022, which is our usual time to visit DLR yearly. No way I would consider February 2021 with the way things are going currently with COVID, but I do hope for others that CA allows theme parks some re-opening with safety guidelines by then. The vaccine news by April 2021 by the CDC yesterday is kind of a downer. I had hoped the first of the year or early spring for a vaccine and would feel better traveling after it's been out a bit.

What are your thoughts and reasoning here?

As soon as my country allows travel to USA and as soon as tourists from Ireland are allowed to enter USA. I have flights to LAX currently booked in October which have been rescheduled from June. If international travel is not possible in October, I will just move the flights to November and continue to "walk" the flights month by month until I can actually leave my country. I want off this island as soon as the Governments will allow it!!

My aim is to go on the first day that the park is open. Like all of us, though, I’ll be at the mercy of the reservation system. I’d like to go on day one but also on the following Sunday (my regular day). A friend goes to DW often (she lives eight miles from the parks) and told me that Buzz is open there so I suspect it will be open for us as well. I miss that attraction... although I often joke to friends that I derive far more frustration than satisfaction from it - when scores don’t come through or I exceed 2,096,000 and my score resets, for example :-). Even if I don’t get to ride many attractions, it’ll be great to be back. Hopefully we hear something “soon” ;-). Or, even better, “Very, very soon” ;-).

I have no definite plans. I was on the monthly plan, so as I understand the current situation my annual pass expires in two days.

so maybe next spring or fall next year. I usually avoid the summer months.

Last edited:

I am planning on going in Nov/Dec even if just to Dtd which i have not been to yet. As for a real park trip hopefully for spring break latest summer I do not like going in the summer but I miss Disney so much.

As soon as we can after they open. We have reservations we have moved 4 times, soon to be 5 now. We’ve been to DTD and feel Disney is doing an excellent job with their safety protocols.

My heart says ASAMP (As soon as magically possible). My realist self says. Sometime next year... at least. Once my soul-crushing fear of flying with other people subsides.) And that kinda goes hand in hand with feeling like I can be near other people in queues.

Last thing I want is to have my next trip being one of anxiety and fear. lol. Does not sound magical.

I’ve put off our trip to June of 2021. I’m hoping by then we’ll be moving towards some normalcy. We really love the parades, fireworks, etc. Plus I want to be there when Marvel land opens! I might push it to August based on what we hear about Marvel land... we want to wait until it’s open!

Of course everything we plan these days is tentative, but we're looking at October 2021 and hopeful that by then (it's over a year away) some semblance of normalcy will have returned to our lives.

Monday after candlelight....using reverse psychology...busiest non-holiday of the year Monday.....candelight will be canceled, everyone assuming that following monday bad....so no one reserving that monday..... Catbird seat!!!!!!

If it were just me, as soon as possible, I think. BUT, the trip we canceled was with my parents, and I would feel guilty going without them - even if I could convince my husband (which is unlikely). Realistically, we're probably looking at fall 2021 or late 2021/early 2022. Much of it depends on what happens with the virus. We've already all agreed that we will wait until everything is running again.

Probably a few weeks after they reopen. I want them to get all the 'kinks' out of their Covid procedures and see if there is a spike in cases tied to theme parks reopening. Yes, I'm aware that supposedly there haven't been due to the FLA reopening.

Plus some of it will have to do with 'accommodations'. If I want to stay with family we have agreed that both our 'home counties' must be 'orange' before we visit each other, plus she'd probably want OC to have 'turned orange' before she'd be comfortable with me going to and fro. If I decide to stay in a hotel I'll have more leeway as to dates.

My realist self says. Sometime next year... at least.
As much as I’d like DL to open next month (or ASAMP), like you, I’m prepared for it not to happen until sometime early next year. When the lockdown first began, I found it unimaginable that I wouldn’t be able to visit DL for two weeks. Now I’ve adapted to life without it and it’s not as bleak as I’d imagined. Can’t wait to get the magic flowing once again, though :-).

A friend goes to DW often (she lives eight miles from the parks) and told me that Buzz is open there so I suspect it will be open for us as well. I miss that attraction... although I often joke to friends that I derive far more frustration than satisfaction from it - when scores don’t come through or I exceed 2,096,000 and my score resets, for example :-).

I don't know...you could be out of practice after this long break and only able to score 1,000,000+ rather than 2,000,000+

As much as I’d like DL to open next month (or ASAMP), like you, I’m prepared for it not to happen until sometime early next year. When the lockdown first began, I found it unimaginable that I wouldn’t be able to visit DL for two weeks. Now I’ve adapted to life without it and it’s not as bleak as I’d imagined. Can’t wait to get the magic flowing once again, though :-).

I agree with you. Luckily there are great resources like the DIS and I have been plowing through the backlog of "Connecting with Walt" Podcasts. And so many other things.

I think Jeff Goldblum said it the best. "Disney will... uh... find a way."

My heart says as soon as they open book a reservation. We are in Oregon but had APs knowing we would be going more than once (which we did before they closed) so it isn't like we can just hop on over whenever we would like. I am still debating getting the refund or the extension but my issue is with flying not so much feeling safe in the parks or hotels. It's one big reason I haven't gone ahead and ran to WDW, I just can't get on a plane. I would drive but if my extension on my AP ends up being during the winter months/early spring I'm just not comfortable driving down there during that time; something I would consider more seriously if it was during late spring/summer months.

The other complication for us is that we are planning a WDW trip hopefully for late 2021 (which you cannot book yet) so most of my money will be used for paying for that trip. But I just miss it soooooo much!

Not till a vaccine is widespread, so maybe late 2021? But probably not till 2022. As much as I want to get to the parks sooner, I wouldn't feel comfortable until that point. (And I'm a local so it's not hard to go spur of the moment once things are safe.)

As soon as we can safely..we are from Canada, and international travel is essential only, with the 2 week quarantine...I would love to think that this might be possible this time next year, but so hard to say...

We weren't planning on going until much later in the future (probably late next year). However, since WDW proved themselves to handle reopening seriously, we decided to plan for a January 2021 trip. We just booked flights a week ago and are waiting for on-site to open up reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!