Wheelchair access Teppanyaki

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi,
With all those steps leading up to the Teppanyaki restaurant in Japan at Epcot, surely there is a way for wheelchairs to enter. Anyone know where and how? I'm traveling with a sis who has an injured foot and will need a wheelchair or ECV . Thanks in advance!

There is an elevator. As you are looking at Japan it is on the right. I've taken my ECV several times up to the restaurant. I also remember driving up a pathway to view the gardens that was accessible for the ECV.

The elevator is to the left of the main entrance to the large store downstairs. The Teppanyaki is very crowded so if you can transfer to a chair it would be best. I take my wheelcahir up to the Lounge for sushi all the time.
And yes there is a walkway up to the garden and small restaurant there.

Thanks for the suggestions. Fortunately she can walk short distances so sitting in a seat around the grill at the restaurant will be fine.

I know I'm getting in on this kinda late, but not only is it accessible...but decious too :)

And I'd like to also add the hallway leading to the individual dining rooms a bit closterphobic (sp)...but still worth it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!