What's your take on...

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Will that do? :laughing:

Perfect!

All you need is love.
Beatles-1.jpg

I'm a little confused. Are they raising the prices on all sit-down restaurants or just those buffets and character meals mentioned in a previous post?

I haven't read all the replies so this may have already been answered, but I believe it is only the price on the buffets with characters being raised. I do not think it affects a la carte menus. At least the CM I talked did not think so and she checked with a supervisor. That would be more difficult and really raise a ruckus.

Yes - it does help. So, if anyone want to confirm that they can call Disney CRO.

On a side note, I see you stayed in the Treehouses. Lucky you! I always wanted to do that when I was a little girl.

off topic
We stayed at the Treehouses in 84 with my three children and my parents, it was our first trip to WDW and it took almost 16 years before I could afford to go again, then it was with MY Grandchild. It was truly magical!!! It was my Dream Vacation! Of course there were only two parks open then - MK and Epcot.

off topic
We stayed at the Treehouses in 84 with my three children and my parents, it was our first trip to WDW and it took almost 16 years before I could afford to go again, then it was with MY Grandchild. It was truly magical!!! It was my Dream Vacation! Of course there were only two parks open then - MK and Epcot.

Are the Treehouses the little two-story wooden villas along the river that you see on the way to DTD by boat? I saw some and couldn't figure what resorts they could be part of.

Three out of the four meals we have planned for March are affected by this. It would have been nice to know this info when I made the reservations. I was thinking of canceling breakfast at Chef Mickey's anyway since our last experience was not that great and this just made it definite.

off topic

That's so cool - thanks for sharing!!

When I called for my ADR's a couple of weeks ago, I was told that "holiday pricing" would be in effect for my Boma and O'hana ADR's. My trip is from Feb 27th to March 9th, does that mean they might make all of "peak season" higher priced?
I'm not really concerned about the price, being from Canada I/we've been over paying for holiday's for years now. Now that the Canadian dollar is doing so well against the US dollar, this could be my cheapest Disney trip yet!

Sounds like they are trying to:

-increase their pricing on the sly
and
-put more incentive out there for people to book the dining plan, and therefore be even more locked in to staying on property for their whole vacation.

eta: this just reinforces my recent decision to vacation elsewhere this year. I just can't take this blatant greed anymore!!!

We are pretty much always going to vacation at WDW (That's why we bought DVC). But there are plenty of choices available to us. We can go offsite to eat (we always have a car). With the high price of APs we usually don't use them so we are not in the parks anyway. And we have a great kitchen and we always eat better when we dine in.

Ah. Disney can change their way of doing things, but I can too! Sad. Less $$ for the Mouse.;)

Sounds like they are trying to:

-increase their pricing on the sly
and
-put more incentive out there for people to book the dining plan, and therefore be even more locked in to staying on property for their whole vacation.

eta: this just reinforces my recent decision to vacation elsewhere this year. I just can't take this blatant greed anymore!!!

I don't have any issue w/ being on property for an entire Disney vacation, but I am already a bit turned off by the sleight of hand version of a price increase on the dining plan & the definite buzzkill of booking ADRs so far out w/ little to no possibility of making changes during the trip. My injury is further insulted when I arrive 10 min early for my many-moons planned ADR, have little to no room to wait, wait up to 45 min, finally get herded through a tightly packed restaurant to a wedged-in table, find the menu pared down & homogenized to the point I have to remind myself what restaurant I'm in, get rushed through my meal by an inattentive server rushing about to serve too many tables & thank my lucky stars when we're finally free to move about the park again, freed from the far too noisy for conversation restaurant. (How ironic that the over-stimulating theme park atmosphere is a blissful relief from the mad crush and noisiness of its restaurants!)

When is Disney going to wake back up & realize people only want to keep coming back again and again to a pleasant place where guests are encouraged & expected to behave nicely? I think more people are willing to pay a premium for a pleasant atmosphere with special little touches & unique merchandise at every turn. Being herded about like cattle in overcrowded parks w/ increasingly badly behaved patrons while CMs can do little but look on doesn't make me want to open up my wallet so quickly anymore. Our family discusses frequently wanting to go back. The irony is, none of us is ready to commit for certain. I think the downturn in atmosphere coupled w/ a very high cost for decreasing return value has a lot to do with it. Surcharge, upcharge, whatever you call it, I have a hunch it's going to be another shot in the foot for Disney.

It was a FACT for the 2007 Christmas Season, not a rumor.

The price increase is not what I meant by a rumor.

The notion was presented (early on in this thread) in a way that implied the increase was not listed on the menu prices at the restaurant,
but that an extra $4-$5 per person charge was added to the check when presented at the end of the meal.

I'm reading that people are unaware but when they get their bill they see a $4or $5 surcharge per person.

I don't like paying the price for GASOLINE either, but at least I can see what I'm paying on the pump before I squeeze the handle.

The TS meal prices are set at whatever level WDW thinks the guests will pay.
As long as I can see the menu price at the table before I tell the waiter what I want, that's OK with me.
It is TOO HIGH, but that's what it costs.

Do the restaurants that serve buffets have the prices listed in the restaurants? It obviously hasn't mattered to me in the past, because I have no idea. In the past, I've searched on-line before our trip to get a general idea of what I should expect to be spending on food for the trip. I wouldn't like the thought of showing up, eating, and then realizing that the price has been upped $10 per person or something.

I don't have any issue w/ being on property for an entire Disney vacation, but I am already a bit turned off by the sleight of hand version of a price increase on the dining plan & the definite buzzkill of booking ADRs so far out w/ little to no possibility of making changes during the trip. My injury is further insulted when I arrive 10 min early for my many-moons planned ADR, have little to no room to wait, wait up to 45 min, finally get herded through a tightly packed restaurant to a wedged-in table, find the menu pared down & homogenized to the point I have to remind myself what restaurant I'm in, get rushed through my meal by an inattentive server rushing about to serve too many tables & thank my lucky stars when we're finally free to move about the park again, freed from the far too noisy for conversation restaurant. (How ironic that the over-stimulating theme park atmosphere is a blissful relief from the mad crush and noisiness of its restaurants!)
Great points! From your lips to Disney's ears!!!!

The price increase is not what I meant by a rumor.

The notion was presented (early on in this thread) in a way that implied the increase was not listed on the menu prices at the restaurant,
but that an extra $4-$5 per person charge was added to the check when presented at the end of the meal.

Maybe I didn't spell it out as well as I could have but the people who reported it noticed because the cost went up the $4 or $5 *during their trip. In other words they paid X amount on X dates but when the surcharge hit for the holiday pricing days, their bills reflected a $ or $5 dollar more fee per person. I wasn't there so I can't say that it was not posted anywhere but I do know that they were caught unaware and they did complain to Disney about it.

Therefore, I really don't think that Disney is doing a good job of announcing this information. Do you see it on their website anywhere? No. Are people being told when they book, "By the way, the price for your meal will be increased $4 per person per adult and $2 per child for special holiday pricing." No one is reporting this so far - that I can find.

Maybe I didn't spell it out as well as I could have but the people who reported it noticed because the cost went up the $4 or $5 *during their trip. In other words they paid X amount on X dates but when the surcharge hit for the holiday pricing days, their bills reflected a $ or $5 dollar more fee per person. I wasn't there so I can't say that it was not posted anywhere but I do know that they were caught unaware and they did complain to Disney about it.

Therefore, I really don't think that Disney is doing a good job of announcing this information. Do you see it on their website anywhere? No. Are people being told when they book, "By the way, the price for your meal will be increased $4 per person per adult and $2 per child for special holiday pricing." No one is reporting this so far - that I can find.

We've got to stop meeting like this. :goodvibes

Other posters keep "coming in late" to this thread and make comments on my "rumor" posts.

So, I keep responding to them as to why I stated what I did.

And you, 4theloveofdisney, keep responding to my later posts as though we, you and I, hadn't resolved anything.
(Its OK, but I just want you to know that I'm not aiming these later posts at you.)

The reason I keep quoting your earlier posts is because those posts' wording was the reason for my reference to this billing practice (a separate $5 charge being added to a restaurant check, after the fact) likely being a rumor, as no one had produced any proof of it being done.

You have sense explained that there is no such charge on a restaurant check, and that the implication that there was, was not intended.

It's all cool...

Unless others happen across this thread at a later date, and poke at some of the posts with a sharp stick. ;)

Then I might want to do some more 'splainin'.

:teacher:

Peace Out-

It costs a lot to go to WDW. Air fare is expensive and getting more so. Rental cars cost a bunch. Gas is expensive. The hotels are expensive. Park admission is expensive. Gifts, clothes, and mementos are expensive. Food is expensive.

Most of these costs change depending on the season.

As long as I know how much something is in advance, I could care less if the price varies. If I find the change to be too much, I'll go elsewhere.

It always amazes me when people say they don't care about price increases - even sneaky ones. Even if I had tons of money, I can't imagine that I wouldn't at least care a little. Now that doesn't mean I am jumping up and down mad - if people are willing to pay more then why wouldn't Disney increase costs? Its a company and its my choice to go there or not - just like its my choice to eat at their restaurants or not.
If I was a Disney exec. or shareholder I would be laughing like crazy at the posts by people who say they don't care about price increases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter