What's your 'must pack' cruise tip?

I did not read through this thread, so someone may have posted...

I pack several cup holders (from a fast food restaurant, such as Starbucks or McDonalds the kind that hold 4). My kids always want me to bring them drinks from the drink station back to the cabin, and it is very difficult to juggle them on trays. People often ask me where I got them from.

Last edited:
Thank you. Was afraid of that. Fire hazard.

On my past few Disney cruises I have carried on/packed a handheld steamer. Takes up the same amount of space as a shoe, and I have never had it confiscated before. Works like a charm on all the wrinkled clothing!

I did not read through this thread, so someone may have posted...

I pack several cup holders (from a fast food restaurant, such as Starbucks or McDonalds the kind that hold 4). My kids always want me to bing them drinks from the drink station back to the cabin, and it is very difficult to juggle them on trays. People often ask me where I got them from.
That is Genius!

Yes, just posting from my experience that the last five or so cruises I have been on I have been allowed to take the steamer. Could always get confiscated and held until the end of the trip of course. But I have been allowed to bring mine on all of the times I have sailed recently. Maybe because it is so small? Not sure of the reasoning, just posting my experience.

Yes, just posting from my experience that the last five or so cruises I have been on I have been allowed to take the steamer. Could always get confiscated and held until the end of the trip of course. But I have been allowed to bring mine on all of the times I have sailed recently. Maybe because it is so small? Not sure of the reasoning, just posting my experience.

Did they look at it and say "good" or are you saying "it was allowed" since they didn't go in to your bag and take it out?

Did they look at it and say "good" or are you saying "it was allowed" since they didn't go in to your bag and take it out?

It has been packed in my checked luggage that they scan for items each time. My mom has also done the same when sailing - In her bag last time she packed the mini steamer and a heating pad which she needed for medical reasons. They checked her bag and took the heating pad and left the steamer. She was able to get the heating pad back since she had a medical note for it from her physician.

So im not sure for the exact reasoning why they have not confiscated it for the sailing. Just in my experience, it has been allowed and passed through the bag inspection.

When we drove to Manhattan for departure I packed a bag with a bottles of wine, 6 pack of beer, 6 pack of water - however, mostly we leave from Florida, which means we fly. I pack a empty string bag and once in Florida I fill it with a bottle of wine, 2 or 3 bottles of smart water (depending on size) and sunscreen. DCL usually caries Evian. I use to pack 2 empty Tervis cups but they take a minute to fill at the beverage stand so I don't bother anymore. I just refill an empty smart water bottle.

We're not dressy so I stopped packing shoe options for DH. I like sandal options but they're flats so they're easy to pack.

It's been a few years since our last cruise and looking forward to our September cruise. Here are a couple things that I always like to bring:

1. Binoculars
2. Mickey/Minnie cruise door magnets
3. Hat

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter