What's your favorite DCL itinerary?

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
Our first is in 24 days so just dreaming about the Western Caribbean on the Fantasy...and the Future Cruise desk on deck 4! ;)

What's your favorite and why?

So far it’s been the 8 night out of NYC on the Magic, stopped at Nassau, Castaway Cay and PC. However, I’m really looking forward to our 9 night on the Fantasy coming up in June, stops on St Kitts, Martinique, Antigua, St Thomas and CC. Anything less than a week won’t do anymore, and we’re at the point that 7 nighters are rarely enough now.

Panama Canal (Westbound, 2019). It truly gave me the sense to disconnect from work and the daily hustle. We took our time to enjoy the ship as we didn't have to worry about having 5,4,3,2,1 more day to do something or we'd miss out. Kids made great friends and really bonded with the Youth Activity Team as there aren't as many kids on 15 day cruises. We have since returned to regular 7 and 5 days cruises on different ships and the Team that was with us on the Panama Canal that has since moved to different ships recall my kids and my wife's first name. We'll be back for the Eastbound 2020 PanamaCanal Cruise.

DCL does a lot of one of things that aren't offered on any other cruise.

Any cruise on Magic in Europe. We did the Fjords and British Isles (when it was 12 nights) and would do both again anytime. We repeatedly do a Bahamas/Caribbean cruises. On them, the ship is the destination and the ports, outside of CC, are an afterthough. We did Alaska and it was once-and-done for us.

For me it was Alaska- just having such gorgeous scenery while on my verandah, seeing dolphins and whales off the side of the ship, etc was amazing. I also enjoyed all of the characters in their Alaska gear.

We've only done 2 cruise and both are our favorite itineraries for completely different reasons! We did Alaska on the Wonder in 2016 and the Baltic Sea on the Magic in 2018. The Alaska one was for the nature/beauty of the area and a chance to see glaciers before they melt away. The Baltic Sea one got us to sample 5 countries (Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden) in a week, and it was a way to visit St. Petersburg, Russia without going through the hassle of getting a Visa (we did a DCL excursion, but if you go with any tour group, they have group tourist visas.)

Alaska was amazing! I love the Wonder! I also love my warm weather being from New England~so anything Caribbean. We are to Italy and Greece next summer... We shall see!

I'd love to do Europe, WBTA, Hawaii, etc... Those are definitely dream itineraries.

As far as ones that are actually doable for our family and our schedule/issues/budget, the one (only one so far) we've been on was pretty much ideal - I keep looking at what's available coming up, and they just aren't good enough! It was the 7 night HOTS cruise on the Magic out of NYC. Cool in NY, warm in the Carribean. 4 sea days, a stop at Castaway, and a stop at PC with transportation & ticket to WDW included. They're not running that itinerary at all in 2020, and I have all my fingers and toes crossed that they'll bring it back in 2021 because it was really perfect for us.

I’ve done 5 cruises and have 3 itineraries we absolutely loved.

Most favorite - 11 night Norway and Iceland - gorgeous scenery, lots of extras due to length

Next - 7 night Baltic - so much history and besuty

7 night Alaska - beautiful scenery and great excursions (plus easier travel from US)

Next summer - we are 12 night Med with Greece and Sicily - can’t wait.

Also would like to do southern Caribbean and PC at some point.

Favorite that I've actually done? 7 night Bahamian with stops at Nassau, Key West, and Castaway. I went to Key West a lot as a kid and teen, so I always like going there in combo with Castaway on a longer cruise with several sea days.

Favorite that I want to do? Any of the longer Baltic and Norway itineraries!

EBPC was my favorite because the new canal was under construction. I can't wait until we do the WBPC (when I finish my Ph.D.) to see the new canal in operation.

We had been on almost all of the itineraries and I think our favorite was Venice to Greece and back to Venice a few years ago. We loved sailing in and out of Venice, we also loved the transatlantic from Dover to NYC. All those days at sea! Heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter