• The South

• Philadelphia

• The Northeast

• The West

• Boston

• North Central

• The Inland North

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a west accent, which makes sense. Everyone has always said that Coloradoans have no accent and we seem to sound like the newscasters. However, I have heard that we're supposedly a little nasal, so Cartman is making fun of our Colorado accent!
I remember when I moved down here to Kentucky in middle school and a friend pointed out a girl named Dawn, only she called her "Don." I thought a girl named Don was weird, so I said something to my friend about it. She said a lot of girls are named "Don." So, then I asked her to spell it and she said D-a-w-n.

They say pen and pin the same here, too, and so everyone will know which they mean, they call pens "ink pens".

I say Merry/Mary/Marry all the same. Hmm.
I can't even imagine what Dawn sounds like if it doesn't sound like Don. Same for pen and pin. Does it sound like pin or pen then? Or something else entirely?
Marry is Mah-ree (rhymes with Barry, Larry)
mary is Mare-ee (rhymes with scary)
Merry is Meh-ree (rhymes with Berry)

If you think all the examples rhyme, then I don;t knwo how to explain it. :laughing:
I was looking at your explanation like you were an alien. Seriously? All those words rhyme!

I got Boston??? :confused3 I've spent 2 days in Boston.
That's nothing. I got Midland. I've lived less than twelve miles from Boston all my life. Look at my avatar. I've never even been to any of the states the quiz indicates. The only correct assessment in this result is that I don't have an accent ;)

Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Result Breakdown:
85% The Midland
73% Philadelphia
64% The Northeast
63% The Inland North
56% Boston
54% The South
49% The West
32% North Central

It says I am from the Midland.

But, like, I was TOTALLY born and raised in Southern California.

I bet it is because of the Dawn issue. See, that's my name and my mom (born and raised in Michigan) pronounces it to rhyme with Don when I learned much later in life it shouldn't.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

See what being raised by a DJ (and sometimes TV weatherman) does to you?:lmao: I started out in Texas--and had a thick accent judging from old home movies. We moved to Colorado when I was 7 though and I mostly lost the accent (except when I talk to my aunt on the phone or drink something harder tahn Coke:rolleyes1). I have lived in 8 states ranging from as far West as Arizona and as far East as New Hampshire, plus Spain and Germany so that tends to really mess with my accent. People often think my DS is British:confused3 and somtimes DD is asked if she is from somewhere exotic like Tahiti or Aruba, etc.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Inland North. Being a native Chicagoan will do that for a girl

Your Result: The West
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
Result Breakdown:
100% The West
95% The Midland
63% Boston
59% North Central
42% The South
19% The Inland North
13% Philadelphia
9% The Northeast
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Perfect. Grew up about an hour from Chicago in Northwest Indiana

Your Result: The Inland North
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central

Apparently I don't "have" an accent. I've been told on several occasions that I can't be from Maine because I don't have an accnet. :rolleyes1

These people have not heard me when driving home through the rotaries I'm forced to endure. Then they would KNOW I'm from Massachusetts originally, and learned to drive there ;)

Yep....no accent here. Born in San Francisco....raised in N CA and have lived in WA for most of my adult life.
I voted before I even took the test ;) Knew what it would be.

The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Me:

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I don't. I call it soda. :snooty:

Ditto to both of these, though I don't think I sound anything like people from up north. "Pop" is the sound a balloon makes when you stomp on it, not the name of a beverage.

Result Breakdown:
85% The Inland North
80% The Midland
64% The Northeast
60% Philadelphia
58% The South
49% The West
31% Boston
29% North Central

I have a Midland accent. Yeah, well, try listening to me after talking to people all day. By the end of the day people are surprised to here where I'm from. They have asked me if I'm from Texas or Memphis.

Born in Memphis, then spent half my life in NC and half in Florida

Inland North

Yep that's true. What can I say? I was born & raised in Michigan. :-)

Result Breakdown:
85% The Inland North
80% The Midland
64% The Northeast
60% Philadelphia
54% The South
49% The West
31% Boston
29% North Central
Quiz URL: http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

No wonder people can never figure out where I'm from. I'm from the south, but I really just have a generic American girl accent.

That's nothing. I got Midland. I've lived less than twelve miles from Boston all my life. Look at my avatar. I've never even been to any of the states the quiz indicates. The only correct assessment in this result is that I don't have an accent ;)

Result Breakdown:
85% The Midland
73% Philadelphia
64% The Northeast
63% The Inland North
56% Boston
54% The South
49% The West
32% North Central

You probably in your head think you are saying the words the way they are spelled, but if I listened to you, they would sound heavy Boston accent. I THINK I am saying "oil" the way it is supposed to sound, but if you listened to me, you would hear "all" but in my head, I'm hitting the letters. KWIM?

I got the South. Interesting because I grew up in Oregon and live in Utah now. My husband tells me I have an Oregon accent but I don't think Oregonians have an accent.

Boston - which is good since I was born and raised there for 40 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter