Whats up with all the Farting ?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by saradela, Dec 23, 2016.

1. aVASTGrl

aVASTGrl DIS Veteran

I'm mortified to say, my father is a Proud Public Farter :crazy2: He'll let 'em rip anywhere and everywhere, and they are LOUD!! I don't think he even notices anymore, they just erupt as he walks. If a graying Italian man who looks like he stepped straight out of The Godfather wearing a Pirates t-shirt farts at you at Disney, it's probably my Dad. We're going on a family vacation this summer to a luxury resort, (like, the kind that celebs frequent) and we've implored him repeatedly he can't fart in public there. But we all know it will happen, and definitely within earshot of either the hotel manager, somebody famous, or both. :worried:

earfulofmagic likes this.
  2. pjweaver

pjweaver just happy to be here

If you have not seen this weeks Universal show, Craig and Ryno covered this. @Ryno made it clear that farting will happen in lines.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

I must be 7 because I find this thread hilarious

5. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

Lol! when you come back tell us, how did it go please.....:tongue:

6. Punkrockbebop

Punkrockbebop Mouseketeer

<<Another serious comment from someone formerly prone to gas, here>>

If you are looking for a solution to the putt-putt problem, try cutting out sweets, and curb overeating. Also, increase the amount of alkaline foods in your diet (vegetables & herbs), lower the acidic foods (meat, coffee, etc), and add natural probiotic foods like real brined sauerkraut (as opposed to the vinegar type, which is not fermented), kimchi, or kombucha. I've noticed from my own experience and experimentation that these things are related to bloating and gas: too much sugar, a digestive tract that is too slow moving (too much animal protein and processed carbs, not enough vegetables and fiber), and a diet that is overly acid. All together are particularly volatile. I can almost guarantee if you try these things, your problem will (ahem) dissipate. Unless it's a medical problem.

It's hard to control these things while on vacation in a place that is geared toward excess and treats, so I'm trying to have as many vegetables as I can while at WDW, not to overeat too badly, and keeping the sweets and alcohol to a minimum. Also, last time I was there I took an Uber to Publix in the beginning of our trip and picked up some Kombucha to keep in our resort room fridge, especially the flavor with Chia seeds in it to help keep things moving (I'm taking some dry Chia with me next time in case I can't find this flavor, again). Another trick I discovered is to take a lot of capsules of Ceylon Cinnamon and ground Fennel Seed whenever I find I have eaten too much or after eating something that is gas-causing.

<<end of public service message, resume the hilarity!>>

7. Punkrockbebop

While it's probably true that some people are just rude, I think some people actually can't control it. You've never had one escape by accident?

8. Punkrockbebop

The cows are fed all kinds of stuff that is not natural to their digestive system, which is probably the cause of their gas. The meat industry relies pretty heavily on corn feed, for instance. Also, they overstuff them.

9. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

I wish, that Disney is taking notes for a restaurant with probiotic food , less carb and alkaline foods ...thanks Punkrockbebop for the input....

10. earfulofmagic

earfulofmagic cranking out magic and assembly line whimsy

I was just thinking "wow, I need to spend less time on these forums." After spontaneously reading every post of this thread, never mind. HERE. TO. STAY.

Thank you @saradela for the gift of this thread, and your first post especially. I want to get "Do I have to behave like nothing is happening? like god is talking to me?" cross-stitched and hung on my wall. :rotfl2:

Long live this thread!

Aerin75 likes this.
  11. earfulofmagic

Also, for this thread's enjoyment:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  12. StraightToDumbo

StraightToDumbo Mouseketeer

It's the theme park food. My family eats way different on vacation and it reeks havoc on your balances.

Punkrockbebop likes this.
  13. Punkrockbebop

I forgot to mention one more tip. If you are gluten intolerant you may be familiar with those yummy OMG it's GF brownies that Disney serves at many locations. Well, they are also sugar-free, and the sugar alcohols from the sugar substitutes they use in them cause major gas. Beware anything with sugar alcohols!

14. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

Thanks to you, and to all the DIS fans that have made their contribution to this thread......

Aerin75 likes this.
  15. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

A Revenge Fart......

Aerin75 likes this.
  16. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

I don't think it's just WDW. I'm in NYC and take the subway every day. I've noticed lately (it's impossible not to) that people are letting 'em (the SBD variety) go much more frequently on the subway. In an outdoor queue at WDW is bad, but on a crowded NYC subway...is absolutely diabolical.

17. earfulofmagic

For sure. I think this is a worldwide phenomenon ;)

But I feel for you on the subway. Outdoors and big, open, airy rooms with windows are understandable, but enclosed metal tubes underground... :scared:

18. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure this is either Monty Python or inspired by them. With the kiddo laying on the couch, I got an "I fart in your general direction" from over there. That reminded me that that is a "classic," um, retort, when one is let loose in our family.

19. earfulofmagic

Yes! Monty Python! Your kid has good taste in movies :)

I remember a friend in high school wearing a shirt with that saying. He got sent home for a dress code violation!

Aerin75 likes this.
  20. saradela

saradela DIS Veteran

The name " Poop", comes from the Middle English word "popen" or "poupen," which originally meant "fart." The name "poop" was based upon the sound of the fart.
    Some people can not Fart or poop, and that becomes a serius problem (Pramod Kerkar, MD) ......They removed this from a man in China a few days back a Megacolon problem, I just can t imagine the pain he was into, he coudn t pass gas or poop...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/376...n-caused-constipation-to-build-up-over-years/

21. earfulofmagic

OH MY, THAT PICTURE. WOW. That looks awful and so terribly painful. Good for him to have had the surgery!