What's on YOUR holiday wish list?

My normal Aromatherapy bubble bath
My "fix the kitchen" piece - another 13 1/2 inch nonstick dishwasher safe pan

Then, I want an experience - since we have a cruise to Bermuda and Boston next year, I think I'm gonna want a tour - to reserve for 6 is pricey, but it's what I want, so I'll probably ask for that as my "experience" gift and then stick to just what's above...I'm hoping for a Black Friday sale on the tours, so they'll be cheaper:)...

There is not much on my list this year. I really want a new suitcase - hard sided and bigger than my rolling carryon. My bigger suitcases are back from my teen days and not great for airports. They are still fine for road trips but I want a rolling bag for flights. I told DH to look at Marshall's because I'm not picky.
I would also like a new camera. I managed to fix my old one so it's now a want and not a need. Other than that, we are working on home improvements and I'll be happy to get some of those done.

New charms for my charm bracelet.
The new Pioneer Woman cookbook.
A set of kitchen knives.

Our big gift for each other was a new recliner for the living room.

I've already purchased things for myself so for Christmas I'm hoping to get some handmade soaps from a local shop, Teavana tea tins, cabin socks, in my stocking.

I've been trying to build up my board games collection so that is all that is on my list this year.

It sounds really horrible, but I would LOVE gift cards -- any gift card. Everybody says how easy I am to buy for, so they don't bother with gift cards for me. DH gets the Starbucks and Amazon gift cards, and I get scarves, book holders, etc.

Last year my mom gave DH $100 cash, and gave me some wacko pearly-goldish necklace from QVC which actually cost over $100 (yes, I went online to look because it really looked cheap). And which I've never worn.

It sounds really horrible, but I would LOVE gift cards -- any gift card. Everybody says how easy I am to buy for, so they don't bother with gift cards for me. DH gets the Starbucks and Amazon gift cards, and I get scarves, book holders, etc.

Last year my mom gave DH $100 cash, and gave me some wacko pearly-goldish necklace from QVC which actually cost over $100 (yes, I went online to look because it really looked cheap). And which I've never worn.

My Mom loved to buy me clothing for work after I started my first job out of college. My style is simple classics in neutral/subdued colors. But somehow, she missed that completely. One year, she bought me a bright royal blue suit, with a blouse that had every obnoxious, loud color under the sun. :crazy2:

I smiled and said I loved it - like I always have. It's the thought that counts after all, and I truly believe my mother put a lot of thought into the gift. I don't know where those thoughts came from, but she really meant well :smooth: She was so excited to give me that gift.

I know some people think you should let someone know you don't like a gift, that the giver would maybe like to know. But my mother would have felt awful that I didn't like it after she spent so much time carefully considering it. So I let it be. And now that she's gone, I smile whenever I think of that suit. Because it was from her heart. And all those other gifts over the years that were from some list I gave her? I can't even remember them. But that suit I remember - fondly :)

Last edited:
New UGG slippers and the Food and Wine Dooney zip wallet.
Disney and restaurant gift cards.
That's it. We bought annual passes in October. We've been working on finishing our basement all year and now we're in the expensive "finishing" stage. Ugh.

Well, I can add new computer to my list since mine is s l o w l y dying. Parts of the screen are blacked out and now I can't even watch a youtube video without the whole thing freezing. I think it'll last a few more months, so I'm going to for GC's to either best buy or amazon to help offset the cost.

Lastyear I felt guilty asking for what I wanted because of the cost. A Series 2 Apple Watch costs way more than what I usually request. As a result, I kept my list short, the watch and a marble and wood cake stand. That’s all I got so I was happy.

The Apple Watch turned out to be a very useful gift. I use it when I work out and to discretely deal with calls during meetings. In late September I injured my knee and had to have surgery yesterday. The watch timer has been useful for timing my exercises during physical therapy. When I first hurt my knee I needed help getting in and out of our shower. Since the watch is waterproof I was able to use it to notify my dh when I needed help in the shower.

This year there’s more things I want, most of which are much smaller. The main request is a recumbent exercise bike to use to help with surgery recovery once I’m cleared to use it. I’ve already ordered it.

Since the bike is expensive, albeit much cheaper than the watch, I asked for just a few small things. I also want a new wallet, a fun watch band for my Apple Watch, and headphones headband from the Container Store. I hate earbuds but the other headphones I own are too bulky to use while walking the dog or exercising at the gym. I can’t do either now but I hope to eventually be able to do both again.

The final gift I want my dh needs to make. He has scrap wood in the garage that might work for it. We have a growing Lego Christmas village that lives on a countertop in our first floor game room. We get a new set over Thanksgiving break and put it together during the weekend after Thanksgiving. The kids care about it more than the tree. It’s outgrowing the ledge though and only other place we have to put it is on the dining table. Since the table scratches easily, I want my dh to make surface that slides over the dining table and has a protective surface such as felt on the underside. I’d love for it to be covered with white Lego base plates but that would cost too much so I’d be happy with it painted white or covered with thin white felt to resemble snow. It needs to have a thin lip around the edge to hopefully keep the Legos from sliding off when remove it for Christmas dinner.

We have a Lego train that goes with the village. I really want to motorize it but that’s expensive so I think I’ll ask for the power functions next Christmas.

Last edited:
We stopped doing gifts years ago, we told family if they insisted to donate to a charity in our name and we don't exchange gifts with each other. We are that couple that has everything we want so it got just silly to try to get gifts. I do buy a sort of gag gift for honey every year just so there will be something under the tree. This year it is feet on adult onsie. We get my son one really expensive gift, last year it was a new gaming/school computer since his laptop wasn't working very well for him in his apartment. He has sort of hinted at a Le Creuset pot so we might get him that this year, he loves to cook and experiment. My son and I will take a short 4 night trip to WDW most likely during the season (honey hates to travel, hates crowds and isn't fond of WDW so he will stay home and dog sit for our one dog and my son's two dogs). If I can convince honey to go to the beach, we will rent a condo instead.

Dream list includes laminate wood flooring throughout most of my house and day at Discovery Cove when we're in Florida.

More realistic list includes a new Fitbit, a gift certificate to my hair salon, and a gift certificate to Culvers.

My Mom loved to buy me clothing for work after I started my first job out of college. My style is simple classics in neutral/subdued colors. But somehow, she missed that completely. One year, she bought me a bright royal blue suit, with a blouse that had every obnoxious, loud color under the sun. :crazy2:

I smiled and said I loved it - like I always have. It's the thought that counts after all, and I truly believe my mother put a lot of thought into the gift. I don't know where those thoughts came from, but she really meant well :smooth: She was so excited to give me that gift.

I know some people think you should let someone know you don't like a gift, that the giver would maybe like to know. But my mother would have felt awful that I didn't like it after she spent so much time carefully considering it. So I let it be. And now that she's gone, I smile whenever I think of that suit. Because it was from her heart. And all those other gifts over the years that were from some list I gave her? I can't even remember them. But that suit I remember - fondly :)

I hear you. I have never, ever told someone that I didn't like their gift, even if it was completely bizarre or out of character. And I totally understand the memories those gifts bring out, which is why I hesitated even to write it out.

It does make me wonder what gifts I've given over the years, thinking that people would like them, who didn't.

Tix for a Broadway musical "Cinderella" coming in January.

I love candles, so hopefully, family members will give me more.

I agree with you. My inlaws go to Thailand every year and proudly brag that everything there is pennies on the dollar (like $30 for a week at a luxurious resort with 1 meal included per day, jewelry for $1-$2 ) and that they buy gifts there because they are so cheap. My in-laws give my husband I tunes cards, cash, gift cards for meals. I have gotten the same elephant statue for my birthday year after year. I always thank them. When she asks if I have the same one and I tell her Yes, she takes it back and that's the end of it. My 8 year old niece asks why she always gives me elephants and her reply is that when my son (who is 15) was a baby he liked elephants-it's not about what I like at all. I have received jewelry form them and it has never stayed whole even after one wearing. It's hard to appreciate the effort when no effort is put in beyond walking to their gift suitcase in their basement. These are the same people that drink only gourmet coffee so one year we gave them a bunch of different coffee beans-not cheap- and a grinder and they complained #1 the grinder makes noise and they won't use it because it is loud and #2 coffee gives them heartburn. We have never given them anything that they have not complained about somehow (pool/waterproof speakers/kuereg brewer/push-button door lock/wine fridge/weather station/etc) It's really a no win situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter