What's happening this summer?

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of possibly visiting WDW mid august. What will be open? Resorts? Dining? Events? Is this posted someplace? TIA!

I would keep an eye on the Know Before You Go section of WDW's website for updates. Some resorts still do not have posted re-opening dates. Likewise, closed attractions don't have known plans for re-opening, except for those down for planned maintenance. Other services may or may not be returning -- no trams in the parking lots, no boats to DS yet (maybe not until POR/POFQ reopen), no luggage service (probably not returning), etc. I would expect current status-quo, and anything else that re-opens in the meantime is bonus.

I would keep an eye on the Know Before You Go section of WDW's website for updates. Some resorts still do not have posted re-opening dates. Likewise, closed attractions don't have known plans for re-opening, except for those down for planned maintenance. Other services may or may not be returning -- no trams in the parking lots, no boats to DS yet (maybe not until POR/POFQ reopen), no luggage service (probably not returning), etc. I would expect current status-quo, and anything else that re-opens in the meantime is bonus.
Thank you very much!

So- I've been checking but not seeing as many details as I find here :)
Trying again as we weigh the pros and cons for August trip with extended family. I'd appreciate any info!
Thanks

So- I've been checking but not seeing as many details as I find here :)
Trying again as we weigh the pros and cons for August trip with extended family. I'd appreciate any info!
Thanks
Everything is in a state of flux at Disney. Their website, especially the link given by lanejudy is the most comprehensive redource you're going to find. Anything else would just be rumor and conjecture.

I don't think much has changed with regards to open resorts, restaurants, events or activities that wasn't already known in February. One thing I'll note is that theme park reservations for June started to disappear rather quickly over the past couple of weeks. There is still some availability, but nearly all days are yellow indicating at least 1 park is "sold out." I would expect that to continue with July and then August dates getting filled, probably within the next few weeks. So the longer you delay making a decision, you may not have as much choice of parks for your dates.

I don't think much has changed with regards to open resorts, restaurants, events or activities that wasn't already known in February. One thing I'll note is that theme park reservations for June started to disappear rather quickly over the past couple of weeks. There is still some availability, but nearly all days are yellow indicating at least 1 park is "sold out." I would expect that to continue with July and then August dates getting filled, probably within the next few weeks. So the longer you delay making a decision, you may not have as much choice of parks for your dates.
Thanks for the advice- we've decided not to go :(

I'm really disappointed as it would have been joining some family for a big trip together, but the heat and rain and no fast passes in August just sounds miserable.

I'm really disappointed as it would have been joining some family for a big trip together, but the heat and rain and no fast passes in August just sounds miserable.
We went in October for what was primarily a big family trip that was over a year in planning. Yes, it was hot. And not having FP+ and experiencing a light version of F&W was a bummer. But, we were hungry for time together and so we went thru with our plans. I was less than thrilled with our experiences in the parks but we had so much fun just being together (we came from different parts of the country). I can't say that I would have planned the trip the way it turned out but I'm glad that we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!