What's going on?

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
Tried to post a comment about the big ads now at the bottom of the forum pages and it's blocked.

Don't really like them, because it causes the pages to be shorter now.

EDIT: OK, that worked, guess it didn't like the picture I was posting n the original thread.

What I replied on the other thread:
Are the pages shorter? Maybe it just seems that way. I still get 20 posts per page. Depending on the length of the posts some pages will be "longer" to scroll down the page than if all posts are short 1 or 2 liners. The redirects back to the main forum are below the 5 "similiar threads" and above the ads, so admittedly I don't always scroll far enough to view the ads.
It doesn't really answer your question, but I'm not sure what you mean by "causes the pages to be shorter" -- I still get 20 posts per page within a thread or 30 threads per forum page. Are your pages truncated? If anything for me it seems longer to scroll to the bottom of the page, not shorter.

What I replied on the other thread:

It doesn't really answer your question, but I'm not sure what you mean by "causes the pages to be shorter" -- I still get 20 posts per page within a thread or 30 threads per forum page. Are your pages truncated? If anything for me it seems longer to scroll to the bottom of the page, not shorter.
No, I think the number of posts per page seems to be the same, but it "feels" shorter with all the extra stuff at the bottom - the "similar threads" suggestions and the video ads. So, when I scroll "all the way down" I'm past where I want to be. Not really a big deal, just annoying.

Sadly, DISboards seems to have defeated my adblocker and now I get those ads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter