What's a good pre-WDW beach?

cgcruz

In Disney Bliss
We're heading there Aug 13th, but would love to spend a day or 2 at a beach. I've heard really bad things about Daytona Beach. What a nice beach fairly close to Orlando? We're coming from VA, so would wants something right of Interstate 95. Thanks!

We typically stay at Atlantic Beach outside of Jacksonville. It is a nice small beach and we really enjoy it. Clean and entertaining. We come from Tennessee so we will stay one night on the way down at Atlantic Beach. We typically stay at the Sea Turtle Inn there in Atlantic Beach. Hope that helps. Have a safe and fun trip!
Tabitha
:cool1:

Ccoa beach is nice, or you could try he beaches in the tampa area there not horriable. If you want to drive about 3 hours south of orlando Ft Lauderdale beach is really nice.

I grew up going to Clearwater Beach...about 90 minutes(maybe 2 hours) from WDW. Dh and I have done this also and we love it. You can basically walk everywhere you need to go...beach, restaurants, shops...Cocoa Beach might be a good choice too. I personally think Daytona BEach is UGLY...

We went to Vero Beach last summer and loved it. It is off I-95 just a little southeast of Orlando. The drive is about 2 hours from WDW. We stayed at Disney's Vero Beach Resort and had a perfect time.

St Augustine which is right off I-95 has some nice beaches. We went to one a year ago and it was really nice

We are going in May and wanted to find a good beach too. We have decided on New Smyrna Beach. It looks to be the closest- about 60 miles. Just hope it's nice :sunny:

ScarletFire said:
We went to Vero Beach last summer and loved it. It is off I-95 just a little southeast of Orlando. The drive is about 2 hours from WDW. We stayed at Disney's Vero Beach Resort and had a perfect time.

we stayed here a few yrs ago and loved it also...the disney beach is small but the resort is nice and we liked the town also...
ScannedImage-3.jpg

ScannedImage-6.jpg

We are heading down May 19 and staying one night on the ocean. We decided on Cocoa Beach. We are staying at the brand new Four Points Sheraton! If you have children they will love the hotel! Well adults also! It is the craziest looking hotel I have ever seen! It is only 60 miles from Disney! Check it out! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter