What would you do?

baileyhouse

baileyhouse
I was wondering how you would go about booking a reservation for the following scenario?

I am traveling with my 3 boys (4, 3 and 16 mos) and a babysitter. My husband will be joining us for 2 or 3 nights and then heading back to work. I am pretty flexible on my travel dates - as to the number of nights we stay...it's my kids first time, so anywhere between 5-6 nights. (or maybe that is too much time!)

I received the code for kids: play, stay, dine for free and I am aware of the 4/3 deal. When I called Reservations I was told the 4/3 deal was my best bet as the play,stay option was that much of a cost savings. So they booked me in 2 connecting rooms at the Wildnerness Lodge for approx $5,200. That is more than I want to be spending.

My husband will not want to stay in the room with all of the kids plus my friend for the 2 or 3 nights he is with us. So would you do:

a) book the 4/3 deal and then also book a room for the 2 nights my husband will be there for my husband and I....then I will join the other room after my husband leaves. (maybe there is a code out there for the room we have for 2 nights??) It doesn't seem like bigger rooms are available for the 4/3 deal...is that correct?

b) book room only - something big enough for 3 adults (maybe beg for the 40% off code I see people have received)

c) am I not thinking of all of the scenarios?

Also, my husband believes that the monorail resorts or Wildnerness Lodge is where we should stay, due to the ages of our kids and the need to be able to get back quickly to the hotel for naps.

Thank you for your suggestions!

I agree with your husband. Research the MK resorts. WL I believe is the cheapest. See what the total would be to book the 4/3 room plus a standard room for when your husband is there . WL has great food and a wonderful pool area. Being boat accessible from MK helps too. Good luck!

In regards to the 40% deal. It never hurts to ask. Also play with your park tickets. While your husband is there, you can save some money by sticking to one park each day rather than park hopping. There are plenty money saving tips on these boards to get you closer to your ideal budget.

Have you considered staying in the Villas at WL instead of a regular room? If they have a 2-bedroom available with the 4/3 deal, it would cost less than what you've been quoted. You'd still have the feel of WL and convenient location, but you'd have the added bonus of a full kitchen and a washer & dryer! And you'd have lots of space to spread out - you'd be able to put the kids down for a nap in one room and relax in another.

Yes, I have looked into the 2 Bedroom Villa - no availability each time I look online. When I called to ask when it was available in the months of March/April/May - the CM told me I needed to give specific dates to check the availability. She encouraged me to check online to see if it pops up.....I have had no luck so far.

I am assuming your friend, the babysitter, is unable/unwilling to stay in a room with you and the children. I say this because four people and one child under the age of 3 are able to stay in one room. It makes the most sense to me if you are able to stay in one room to do that (under the 4/3 deal) and then just book a second room (try using the OZI code, if it is applicable) during the time your husband is with you. Probably wouldn't be connecting, but you could make the request. To me, this seems most economical.

Other than that, I’d look into the cabins at Fort Wilderness. MK is still just a boat ride away. You’ll have enough sleeping room for 6. You get a full kitchen. Cabins are separated so that you don’t have to worry about your little ones disturbing anyone or anyone disturbing your little ones. You’ll get a deck. If you rent a car or are driving, you’ll have parking directly in front of your cabin. Fort Wilderness has a ton of things going on. We stayed there—still pushing a double stroller—and I was surprised at how nice it was. Really, the monorail resorts don’t have anything on the cabins. Different pros and cons, but in the end, just as nice.

That’s all I can think of. Begging for a 40% off code isn’t going to get you one. And you’ve already been checking for a villa room. Maybe you could look into renting DVC points. Someone might be thinking of giving up their room considering the economy. Wouldn’t hurt to go to the DVC board and post a request.

I agree you may want to look into the cabins to see if that may benefit you.
Ft W is a short boat ride away. But certainly not as convenient for luxurious as a monorail resort.
However the closer to MK, the more you will pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter