What would you do different??

We can only change one thing sooooooooo

I would go for the free passes.

Spouse goes for no Maintenance dues,

and my 4 year old votes for free lifetime Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream.

Seeing as we all owe DVC as a family I figured it was only fair that we all get to be president and vote for 1 change.

Have a great weekend.
RayJay

DVC members would have at least a 20% on all hopper passes, and, a larger discount on an annual pass. (That could be renewed without worrying about next activation date;) )

Dear DVCer,

As President of DVC I just wanted to let you know that it was never the intention of DVC to force a family of 5 to stay in a 2 BR unit............families of five are (and have always been) able to stay in a 1 BR.

Welcome Home!!!

:D :cool: :D

I would instruct the architect of the new DVC units at the Disney Institute to copy the OKW floor plan rather than the BWV floor plan.

Decent discounts on park tickets - regardless of wether they are unlimited, 4, 5 or park hoppers or whatever they are called.:)

Johnnie Fedora,

Outstanding post!!! Well said!!!

I agree, as President certainly a family of five can decide for themselves what the right accomodations are for them. The latest poll showed this view as clearly in the majority favored by 2 to 1.

Given that, as President I would conduct more polls, surveys, and focus groups to gain a greater understanding of member expectations. Of course, Not every decision would be decided by survey, but that information would be applied to improve services. A great example of this was the survey regarding the slide for OKW. Members decided they didn't want it.

I would also conduct online / virtual membership meetings. The minutes and proceedings from the resort owners meetings should be available online, not everyone can take their vacation at the exact same time the meeting occurs.

Well done, Johnnie Fedora.

I agree that the FL resident rates are what I would change. I'd go further to argue that this is not only for selfish reasons, but this actually makes good business sense for them.

DVCers go through stages in their family lives. Sometimes, they spend lots of time in the parks. Other times their kids are US age, the go to SeaWorld, they spend three days by the pool, or they golf. Making park tickets cheaper for DVC members might mean that DVC members (who don't necessarily spend every day in the park - after all, they know they will be back) spend more time in the park - and we all know that there is no faster way for Disney to pull money from your pocket than inside the parks!

I would give families a discount on all the snacks sold at the vendor carts in the park. Mickey head ice cream bars and water for everyone!!!!

Love those discounted passes - Disney would make out in the long run cause I'd spend more time in the parks and therefore more money on meals, odds and ends, gifts etc.

Oh baby! Bring back those free passes, most definitely.:bounce:

I'd love to see a member discount on add-on points. With the current price at $75 (soon to be $80), I think a $10 per point discount would help reward us for our loyalty and commitment.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter