What were you doing when you were 23?

I was working at my first post-college "real" job and living with my best college friend in Atlanta. I hadn't met my now-husband yet, but would the next year. I attended my 5 year high school reunion at 23, and was amazed at how many of my old friends were already married with kids (college wasn't a big priority with probably half of my classmates).

Working full time and going to grad school. Two weeks before I turned 24, I had my first date with DH.

I had just moved back to my hometown and was teaching Middle School. I bought my first house and enrolled in Graduate School.

Graduated from college the year before and was working a full time HR assistant job in the Dallas area for $21,000/yr. Still had an apt, car, student loans, etc but made it work. My ex-husband was in the picture but had his own place and worked long hours so I hung out with my college friends and co-workers and did crazy young people stuff at bars and clubs :).

I turn 23 in two days and I am not where I wanna be yet :confused3

When I was 23 I would never have thought I would be living this life (specifically this career) but it's all good. I rode the waves and feel I am where I was meant to be. But at age 49, I just enrolled in graduate school and I'm pursuing my MBA. It's never too late to become whatever it is you want to be.

Finished Navy at 22, and was a year in at my company where I now have 36 years. I was partying my butt off trying to figure it all out

Working on my Ph.D., so pulling 80 hour weeks working 7 days a week. I was pretty much working in the laboratory or sleeping between the ages of 22 and 25.

I had recently worked on my first movie doing make up effects and the summer I turned 23 I was in the Main Street Electrical Parade and got engaged.

Towards the end of my 23rd year I got my second gig doing make up effects causing crazy hours (14 hour days - 6 day week) and travel so she left me saying, "That's no way for an adult to make a living."

I graduated from college and began teaching in the middle school I'm still at today. Dang, that was 30 years ago - I am old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter