What were you doing when you were 23?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Me.....I had graduated at 22 but was going back for grad classes. But to make ends meet I had moved into a tiny apartment and worked full time as a baker for my college as I was paying for tuition.

DH......was married to his first wife and working in a factory while remodeling a house which ironically I moved into 11 years later and still am there with DH!! :teeth:

Oldest DS.......still had another year of college due to a knee injury (basketball) and all that red-shirted "stuff".
Next DS.......was working as an accountant at the same place he still is, 9 years later.
Youngest DS........was a year into the Air Force.

I had been out of college for a little over a year, working full time at a TV station. Switched jobs at the same place a few months after turning 23, which brought an end to traveling for work. Started dating a co-worker who a year and a half later would become my wife. Up until I started dating her, 100% of my focus was on career.

I stopped partying and went back to college seriously, which is when I met DH. I still lived at home. It's not where I thought I'd be at 23, but I suppose if I hadn't spent a year or so goofing off I wouldn't have met DH.

I was a vet tech and I was doing a lot of side work to try to get my financial footing. My now-husband and I had bought our home a year prior, so I was neck deep in DIY home renovations. Twenty-three was also the year I first traveled internationally.

Turned 23 1 month after getting married and had my first baby 15 days before I turned 24. Spent the majority of my 23rd year sick from the pregnancy, my poor husband, if he didn't run then I knew he never would. Here we are 31 years later 2 kids and 3 grandkids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter