What was your best upgrade?

Best ever was when we had booked CBR in 2002. They closed CBR for rehab and for $10 more a night were upgraded to AKL Savannah view. $99 a night for an amazing resort? Yeah, I'll take that. :cheer2:

Gosh! I have enjoyed so much reading about the upgrades you guys have received! Pixie dust everywhere! I just loved Janets' upgrade to concierge level and her kicking her DH! boy! We haven't ever had an upgrade, but love being at DW - maybe this next time???
Redbudlover

Two from last year...

January, we paid $199 FL Res rate for a Grand Floridian garden view. Checked in and found that we got upgraded to lagoon. Our room was a corner room on the first floor of Conch Key. We had two balconies (one on the marina, and one on the lagoon) and it seemed like you could skip a rock right into the Magic Kingdom. The room was much deeper than a regular room as it was next door to a suite.

December. On December 24th, we decided to do New Years at WDW. Knowing that there were no discounts available, I called just to see if there was perhaps a rack rate room available at a value resort. None. But was offered a Caribbean Beach for $209 plus tax (yikes) and Wilderness Lodge for $395 plus tax (yikes yikes). Just as I was about to say "ok, thanks for checking for me" she muttered something under her breath that she was reading. I heard the word "upsell." She then said "How about a room at the Yacht Club for $224? You bet I took it. Holiday rack rate was $449. Then, to top it off, when I checked in we were upgraded to a water view room and we were right on Cresent Lake.

It seems like most of the upgrades are with the AP rates or FL resident? I was at a conference last year at the CR and the conference rate was for garden view. When we checked in we had a tower room with MK view. Very nice. :sunny:

tiedye602 said:
Thanks, I think I will. Do I wait til closer to our trip?

I would wait about a month before and just mention how you can't wait and how this trip is even more special because of your anniversary.

Definitely mention it at the front desk too.

Not a Disney Resort upgrade, but DH and I had a Priceline room prior to our cruise for our honeymoon at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Miami. We mentioned it was our honeymoon and got upgraded to a huge suite with two balconies on the equivalent of the "conceirge" floor.

And, on a business trip last week, I had a gov't rate room booked and kindly asked if I could have a "room with a printer" and got the Executive Level Floor w/ the evening reception, with heavy hor'deurves, beer, wine, and breakfast in the morning (Hilton in Charlotte).

Standard at WL upgraded to Courtyard for 119/night not including tax. Also booked reg. at CBR and got upgraded to Preferred in Martinique. Our only hope for upgrade this time is a suite or conceirge and I don't think that is going to happen.

Woods View at WL and upgraded to Standard View Concierge. The best upgrade I've ever had and it was so surprising.

My DH and I are both Florida natives who have been going to WDW our whole lives, and we go a lot together. We got upgraded our last 2 trips! In June we stayed at WL and got upgraded from standard to courtyard. In July, we stayed at YC and got upgraded from standard to concierge. I was so surprised. We booked FL resident rates for both.

December 2001, upgraded at AKL from savannah view to concierge! Could not believe it! I was also able to book the sunrise safari after check-in. Also, I was upgraded at POFQ from standard to water view and All Star Movies from standard to preferred location.

How do you get upgraded? And what does it cost? We are staying at POP what would be the difference?

They forgot to call us when they closed POFQ for remodeling, so offered us AKL savannah view for the $89.00 a night we were paying at POFQ! It was a smart move because now we're going back to AKL and staying concierge. AKL is our favorive resort!

Forget the tag fairy! I wish the Upgrade Fairy would visit us on a trip!
You guys are such lucky ducks!

Oh I am sooo glad I can answer this question. This year we were upgraded for 2 nights from a GF Royal Palm room to the ...Roy Disney Suite!!! :banana: A 2 bedroom , 3 bath, triple terrace land of dreams. It pays to wish on stars and have your mother looking down on the MK. It was the dream of a lifetime and my family never felt so happy. Pixie dust to all. :sunny:

We booked concierge at Animal Kingdom Lodge and got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. They were re-surfacing one of the savannahs and did not have a lot of views left. It was an awsome room. We paid about $350 a night in March with an AP rate and the suite was probably $1,500+ a night so a big savings! There was a huge walk-in shower and 2 balconies on 2 different savannahs!

We booked standard AP rate at Wilderness Lodge and got upgraded to a beautiful Courtyard view.

We booked standard Coronodo Springs and got a water view. This was and AP rate also.

This is a great thread! It's so much fun to see all the magic that has enhanced people's vacations.

We usually book concierge, and have never been upgraded to a suite, BUT this August I took a last minute get-away solo trip to rejuvenate myself before going back to teach another year. It was supposed to be a quick and cheap trip, so I booked WL standard view with an AP rate of $124. Didn't really care what room I got since I was thrilled to be there. I about fell over when I was told I was being moved to concierge!!!! :goodvibes I've wondered how much information is in their computers. Can they see how many times you've been at that resort and the type of room you stayed in?

It was so much fun to call my husband and daughter and say, "Well, I sitting here on the 7th floor, sipping wine and eating some beef stroganoff." They were happy for me, but a bit jealous.

Several years ago we booked a BCV studio and we were upgraded to a one bedroom. I couldn't believe it. As others have said, it worked because now we always book a one bedroom - we are spoiled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter