What to do with Passports?

TiszBear

DIS Veteran
Ok I know this question has been asked before but I can't get thge search to work. when in ports do I need carry my passport with me or not?

You'll get different answers depending on who you ask.

Some folks put them in the safe on the ship and never touch them the whole cruise.

Personally we carry ours with us when we're off the ship (except at Castaway Cay)

One of the biggest arguements for getting passports goes something like this:
if something happened while in a foreign country and you were hurt/stranded/whatever and needed to get back to the US, you would want to have that passport.
While chances of being hurt or stranded are slim, it can and does happen, and I doubt if "I have a passport, it's in my safe on a cruise ship that's floating out in the ocean somewhere" is going to do you much good. :confused3

Take your actual passports with you to port, just in case and make copies to keep in your stateroom, in case your actual passports get lost or stolen. If you have copies, it will be easier to get them reissued.

Take your actual passports with you to port, just in case and make copies to keep in your stateroom, in case your actual passports get lost or stolen. If you have copies, it will be easier to get them reissued.

And buy a waterproof ziplock pouch for each passport. Passports aren't very useful when wet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter