What to do with 13 points due to expire July 2021

EDuke98080

<font color=blue>Have a Magical Day!<br><font colo
Is there anything that you can do with 13 points that are due to expire in July 2021?

I assume these are already banked so can't be transferred? At this stage I would probably recommend booking a night in a studio and trying to rent it on Facebook. There are quite a few nights below this amount at AKV, OKW and SSR. You might not get much per point but it would at least cover your dues.

Sadly, we can't really rent confirmed reservations on these boards, which is such a shame this year!

Is there anything that you can do with 13 points that are due to expire in July 2021?
Put them up for rent at a dirt cheap price. I'm talking $8-$10 per point cheap. Someone looking for a single night may want some, or all, of them. But do it soon. Availability for early summer is drying up.

The challenge with 13 points is that there are only a handful of places that charge 13 points per night between now and July 31, and most of those are already booked.

There are a few resorts that charge 13 or fewer points per night, but none between June 11 to July 31, and none in April. (AKV Value excluded.)

SSR Standard View and OKW Studios have limited availability after May 1 and before June 11.

The BWV Standard View and AKV Value Studios are difficult to book. They have no availability at the moment.

Really, I think you need to find someone planning to stay one night at SSR or OKW between May 1 and June 11.

Oh, and is has to be a Sunday to Thursday night since all DVC Resorts charge more than 13 points per night on weekends.

Can't you just offer the 13 points for sale on disboards.com and see what happens?

Last edited:

Oddly I have points with Davids and they sent out a request this afternoon for 13 points.

I assume these are already banked so can't be transferred? At this stage I would probably recommend booking a night in a studio and trying to rent it on Facebook. There are quite a few nights below this amount at AKV, OKW and SSR. You might not get much per point but it would at least cover your dues.

Sadly, we can't really rent confirmed reservations on these boards, which is such a shame this year!

We can't? There are confirmed reservations on this board.

I have a 2 trips that I don't know if we're actually taking or not. Figured I'd throw them up for rent rather last minute if need be and they'd go pretty easily since they are hard to find bookings.

Last edited:
Maybe I have a minority opinion. I'd just let the 13 points expire, and be thankful it's just a small amount of points, and not you or a loved one who expired. I have 9 points expiring August 1 (it was originally 162 points), so I booked a vacation using as many of the points as I could figure for late July, came up 9 points short, and that's what I'm figuring, better the points expire than me or a loved one. Although I do wish we could donate our few points into one big pool that DVC would suspend expiration rules on, then they'd donate those points to Give Kids the World or some similar organization.

I have a■■■■■■■ trip and ■■■■■■■■■■■ booked at ■■ in a ■■■■■■. Don't know if we're actually taking the trips or not. Figured I'd throw them up for rent rather last minute if need be and they'd go easily since ■■■■■■■■■■■ are pretty much gone.
You have to pay to list dedicated reservations or else wait to list them when they are past the point where canceling will put the points in holding.

I have a 2 trips that I don't know if we're actually taking or not. Figured I'd throw them up for rent rather last minute if need be and they'd go pretty easily since they are hard to find bookings.

Unless it's within 30 days it is $99.95 to post one existing reservation and $199.95 to post three. It's never concerned me prior to this year but given the limited availability I really don't want to cancel my current reservations as my points might not be able to find anything else! I've had to rent out more than three already (I'm in the UK so haven't been able to travel for well over a year). I'm not sure why, but it's just the policy of the board.

You mentioned throwing them up last minute, so you should be ok if it's within the 30 day period.

The current Rent/Trade posting rules were posted on all the DIS DVC boards prior to implementation many years ago, and were open for discussion at that time. Nearly everyone responding were in favor of the rules and the restrictions on existing reservations. A big complaint at that time was DVC Members booking reservations in the 11 month window purely for speculative renting, often taking prime weeks and resorts from members trying to book a vacation for themselves and their families. This year, of course, is an anomaly, and has stressed the system even more than usual. The only recent change has been the addition of the $99 option for a single existing reservation prior to the 30 day window, mostly in response to members trying to do something with their points this year.

We do review the policies from time to time. If you wish to add input or express concerns, please contact WebmasterDoc, JimC, CarolMN and myself via a PM.

Last edited:
The current Rent/Trade posting rules were posted on all the DIS DVC boards prior to implementation many years ago, and were open for discussion at that time. Nearly everyone responding were in favor of the rules and the restrictions on existing reservations. A big complaint at that time was DVC Members booking reservations in the 11 month window purely for speculative renting, often taking prime weeks and resorts from members trying to book a vacation for themselves and their families. This year, of course, is an anomaly, and has stressed the system even more than usual. The only recent change has been the addition of the $99 option for a single existing reservation prior to the 30 day window, mostly in response to members trying to do something with their points this year.

We do review the policies from time to time. If you wish to add input or express concerns, please contact WebmasterDoc, JimC, CarolMN and myself via a PM.

Thanks very much for that. I'd always wondered why the rule had been made. I'll send my input over. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter