What to do when you're used to food courts?

E(ticket)lizabeth

Earning My Ears
So here we are, WDW vets but DLR newbies. We've always stayed at value or moderate resorts at WDW, and usually one or two of us run to the food court and grab breakfast to go while the others are getting ready. This works out especially well now that we have a toddler! :thumbsup2 However, I notice DLR doesn't do food courts. So what do you all do? I've been reading some of the TRs, so I know a few of the options, but I'm just trying to figure out how to make our mornings as easy as possible. I see there are fridges in the rooms, but not microwaves, so it looks like that route is out. Does the DLH have a convenience store where we might pick up some outrageously priced fruit or yogurt to have in the room for DS, or is there something within walking or easy bus-distance? We may go ahead and rent a car, since it looks like it's going to be pretty similar pricing to getting a shuttle, so a quick shopping stop may be an option. Other suggestions? I've just become so accustomed to WDW! ;)

There is a small section of foods in the DLH store. There is also vending machines with small bottles of milk and juice. White water snacks at the GC is a great place to pick up some fruit or pastries/muffins. Bring a zip lock bag of dry cereal like cherrios. A box of cereal bars. Oh, the "coffee house" at the DLH would also be a good place to pick up something like a muffin in the morning.

My son is a milk drinker, so as long as we have milk in the room he is fine. He can wait until we get somewhere for breakfast.

What we usually do is bring a few easy things for breakfast foods, granola bars, dry cereal in the cups, etc and have some milk in the fridge. But it is such a pleasant walk to the parks from the DLH (I think that is where you are staying?) and there are so many places to pop in for breakfast. There are lots of cute fun little places all along DTD to grab something to eat as you walk along, starting with the above mentioned coffee shop and convenience store at DLH, the Compass Books Coffee shop, to the beignets and bakery right beside the World of Disney. There are more, but it is really easy to grab something to eat as you walk along. :goodvibes

La Brea bakery. White Water snacks for a breakfast burrito or sandwich. Yep, lots of good places for a quick bite to eat.

The beignets are wonderful, they are located across from Rain forest cafe. I can't think of the name, a New Orleans type place. We ususally don't travel around down there, but there are so many stores, just up the street. Targets, food stores, all within 3-5 miles... Just ask at the desk, if you are driving, it would be a close drive. There is a Denny's just across the street from where all the buses pull in. It would be a walk tho. I would just ask at the front desk.

The Disneyland Hotel has a little coffee shop onsite where you can get some snacks, breakfast items - it's by Goofy's Kitchen. Grand Californian has White Water Snacks. Don't know about Paradise Pier, but others here have given good recommendations. We've also grabbed milk/coffee & something light at Compass Books. They also have some outdoor tables and a newsstand nearby so you can grab a magazine or something if you like to read while you eat.

The beignets are at the Jazz Kitchen Express. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter