What to do about a stroller?????HELP

mandymelons

mandymelons
I am leaving in 2 days and still dont know what to do about a stroller for my 3 1/2 year old. I can bring my umbrella one for him but hes so big for it and them my 7 year old will get tired and then you know what happens then. They start fighting over it!! Do I bite the bullet and rent a double for 8 days?? Oh my Gosh 2 more days!!!!!!! Dance with mehttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
:banana:

Previous to our last family trip we always brought our own stroller, but our last trip we rented a double stroller. Purchased all the days the first day making future days a little quicker, since we eliminated the pay portion of the process for the other days. It was great and very easy. Only one incident of people stealing our stroller when Fantasmic was over. We will rent a double again, since if allows them a place to recharge, enjoy a snack, giggle, laugh while Mom and Dad can actually take adult foot strides.

The only downside iwe found s the stroller stops at rental return area, so travel past the front gate may mean sometimes you may be carrying your youngest to the transportation and back to the room. The cost was off set by convenience. On the other side I did not miss folding and carrying the stroller to get on a bus, water launch or sometimes..even the monorail.

Hmmm, well, I can't speak for a 7 yr old child, but our twins were 3-1/2 last trip and we took our double jogger from home and were very glad we did. We stayed at BC and did a lot of walking outside of the parks, so we definitely needed a stroller for that.

Definitely bring the stroller for the 3 year old. The rental ones are so gawky! I also have a 7 year old who occasionally will ask to ride in the stroller (or to stand on the back of it)...and the answer is simply, NO.

Explain to your 7 yr old that he/she is older and gets to ride on more attractions than little brother/sister. Because of that, the little one gets to ride in the stroller more often.

I agree with the previous poster who said that the stroller rental stops at the entrance. My daughter had her fourth birthday at WDW and we rented strollers there for the week. The worst time was the length from the exit to the bus stops - she just wilted. Of course we were there in the August heat, but if we were to do it again, I think we would take our umbrella stroller just to avoid the piggy back ride on the last little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter