What things do you happily spend maximum budget on?

I’ll spend more money on items that will appreciate in value.
Oh and wearing apparel- I’ve certain clothing and footwear that I’ve owned for decades that don’t look it.

I try not to spend much on items with a useful life of 10 years or less.

Not sure I ever have. The maximum on many things can be downright ridiculous and unnecessary.

yeah, that's an important one for sure.
Not sure I ever have. The maximum on many things can be downright ridiculous and unnecessary.
I kinda read the OP's question as "what things do you happily spend..." as in what do you personally find spending the max of your budget a worthwhile expenditure. For example - Lets say I need a new mattress and I have budgeted a max of $3000 for it. Do I get the mattress that I find is a fine mattress, and is only $1800, or do I get the mattress that I really, really liked and is $3000 ??
For me, since I had already budgeted $3K, and I had it to spend and I really did like the $3K mattress over the cheaper one, I'd get the $3K one and "happily spend my maximum budget on it".

For other things I may have gone with the cheaper one, but since I placed a high value (thus I was "happily spending" ) on the mattress and it was within my budget, I spend the entire budget.

I guess what I mean is 'downright ridiculous and unnecessary' is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case the spender.

I guess what I mean is 'downright ridiculous and unnecessary' is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case the spender.
Certainly, but my point is the price range can be mindboggling. You need a car to get to work. Do you spend $18,000 for a new Mitsubishi, or $495,000 for a Rolls Royce. Me, I probably spend about $30,000 for a Camry..

Certainly, but my point is the price range can be mindboggling. You need a car to get to work. Do you spend $18,000 for a new Mitsubishi, or $495,000 for a Rolls Royce. Me, I probably spend about $30,000 for a Camry..
I spend $15,000 on a pre owned.

My big expense is my hair, it costs about $500 for a highlight and color after tips. It’s good for about 4 months (pushing it), but I love my colorist and all of the stylists.

My big expense is my hair, it costs about $500 for a highlight and color after tips. It’s good for about 4 months (pushing it), but I love my colorist and all of the stylists.
Fortunately things appear to be turning around but the past 3 years very hard to find a safe car for $15,000. As my mechanic put it at the peak of used car prices, a used car that would pass smog check was worth $7,500 even if it was unsafe.

Well sure - but if you had a maximum budget of $30 or 40K you'd be shopping for a Camry, not a Rolls Royce.
Of course, the difference in price on many items can be wide ranging. My point is that it is dependent on a persons budget what they will happily spend on. Mindboggling or Ridiculous it is if it's NOT in your budget. But if it IS in your budget, then you may look at it differently.

Well sure - but if you had a maximum budget of $30 or 40K you'd be shopping for a Camry, not a Rolls Royce.
Of course, the difference in price on many items can be wide ranging. My point is that it is dependent on a persons budget what they will happily spend on. Mindboggling or Ridiculous it is if it's NOT in your budget. But if it IS in your budget, then you may look at it differently.
Budget, or how much of your income or credit you choose to use for that item? Someone could decide they would rather have the Rolls Royce and take out a loan for that instead of for a mortgage and cut corners on where they live.

But I think that's exactly the OP's point...because everyone's max budget on anything and everything is different.

Budget, or how much of your income or credit you choose to use for that item? Someone could decide they would rather have the Rolls Royce and take out a loan for that instead of for a mortgage and cut corners on where they live.
The words income or credit aren't in the question, it's asking, "your max budget", plain and simple. So yes if someone wants to take out a loan for a fancy ride and live in a tiny home somewhere, that's their max budget.

OMG my balayage is getting expensive!! I only do it once a year or sometimes even stretch it to over a year, but still painful when I see that $$ at check-out! :crazy2: But yes...when everyone compliments your hair, worth it!

I remember explaining private jet charter to someone once - back when it was (only lol) $100,000 from California to New York and I had a client that did roundtrip at $200,000 at least once a month. Some folks were flabbergasted, saying he could go First Class Commercial for $10,000 why would any sane person do that? Here was what I said to compare ... you can drive your car for $1,000 per month, or use buses (which may not suit your lifestyle) for $20 per month - you do not use the bus because the $1,000 fits safely in your cost for value range. Same with the guy and the private jet.

Budgets differ. A lot.

I remember explaining private jet charter to someone once - back when it was (only lol) $100,000 from California to New York and I had a client that did roundtrip at $200,000 at least once a month. Some folks were flabbergasted, saying he could go First Class Commercial for $10,000 why would any sane person do that? Here was what I said to compare ... you can drive your car for $1,000 per month, or use buses (which may not suit your lifestyle) for $20 per month - you do not use the bus because the $1,000 fits safely in your cost for value range. Same with the guy and the private jet.

Budgets differ. A lot.
A friend is a charter jet pilot. He wondered how many millions were spent at the Super Bowl in Las Vegas this year just on charter private jets. 525 jets had landing and take off slots. The fuel bill alone for the 12 passenger jet he flew there and back was $13,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter