What rules would you like Disney to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
justmestace said:
The Walt & Roy suites on the Magic & Wonder sleep six.

Really!? I had no idea. Have yet to cruise. Go our first time in September but it would be nice to have our family and Gma & uncle all in one room!!

We have 5 and get 2 cabins and pay for 2 adults and 3 kids.

Mike

Each cabin is charged full price...at the two ADULT price, and then additional for whichever room you put the third child in.

Really!? I had no idea. Have yet to cruise. Go our first time in September but it would be nice to have our family and Gma & uncle all in one room!!

They actually could sleep 8, but I don't think they allow more than 6 in there. There's a queen bed in the master bedroom, a double murphy bed in the "library" and in the second bedroom, you can have either one queen or have that split into two twin beds, and there are also the ceiling (bunk) beds above them...one on one side of the room and the other another side of the room.

The sofas are NOT sleepers, even though it has been stated somewhere that they are.

Edited to correct myself....thank you FJS961......SEVEN are allowed.

They actually could sleep 8, but I don't think they allow more than 6 in there. There's a queen bed in the master bedroom, a double murphy bed in the "library" and in the second bedroom, you can have either one queen or have that split into two twin beds, and there are also the ceiling (bunk) beds above them...one on one side of the room and the other another side of the room.

The sofas are NOT sleepers, even though it has been stated somewhere that they are.

On the classic ships they allow up to SEVEN guests booked into the Royal Suites (Cat R) but you could in theory sleep eight as you described. On our first cruise on the Wonder, it was wife and I, our 3 kids and I treated my mom and MIL. Wife and I in master, one kid on murphy bed, parents on the beds in second bedroom and the 2 other kids in the pull down bunks ... they loved it!!!!

The only rules I would like to see changed is that the rules are followed consistently. Meaning that if Disney says no shorts; CM's ask people to change, or no sunglasses on the Aquaduck then no sunglasses consistently.

I just went to Disneyland a few weeks ago. There are a lot of angry posts about the height restrictions for Radiator Springs Ride. If Disney made things uniform across the board, people would not get so upset. Pretty strange that my 40" toddler could get on RSR but not on the Jellyfish ride (same height requirement) or my son at Animal Kingdom could get on Everest but then 30 minutes later could not get on again.

Setting expectations and staying on course is important otherwise people will consistently break the rules because there are always going to be that person who thinks if they saw someone else do it, then they must be allowed to do it too.

On the classic ships they allow up to SEVEN guests booked into the Royal Suites (Cat R) but you could in theory sleep eight as you described. On our first cruise on the Wonder, it was wife and I, our 3 kids and I treated my mom and MIL. Wife and I in master, one kid on murphy bed, parents on the beds in second bedroom and the 2 other kids in the pull down bunks ... they loved it!!!!

Oops! Sorry. I stand corrected. The most we had in them on any given cruise was 5.

Oops! Sorry. I stand corrected. The most we had in them on any given cruise was 5.

We usually have 5 ... that 7 was a special case. My favorite actually is when it is just TWO, that is a really special treat. As excited as I am about our big family Hawaii trip next month and our summer cruise on the Breakaway, I am really happy about the 4 night Dream cruise I just booked for DW and I alone! :goodvibes

I think Celebrity does not allow smoking on verandahs anymore. I would like to see that instituted.

k3chantal said:
Pretty strange that my 40" toddler could get on RSR but not on the Jellyfish ride (same height requirement)

Was your toddler wearing different shoes for each ride, or was it at different times of day? Our spines compress over the course of the day, and when kids are right at the specific height they could easily "become shorter" later on.

When did they change the requirement for RSR? We checked when it first opened and it was clearly 42", so we haven't taken DD back to it. But she meets the 40" for Star Tours, Jellyfish, etc. without a problem. The website says 40" now, too. How weird. She'll be so excited to get to go on it!

Letting non-passengers look around the ship before departing is kind of like letting non-passengers tour an airplane before it departs. I'd assume if it were done these days, the non-passenger would have to present an official photo ID and register, at the very least.

As an adult not traveling with children I am for NO flexibility in the adult only areas. "My 17 year old is mature enough" and "My 16 year old is mature enough" eventually becomes "My 14 year old is mature enough" and "My 12 year old is mature enough" and "My 10 year old is mature enough." If Disney doesn't want to enforce 18 and up only areas they should just stop having them at all.

As an adult not traveling with children I am for NO flexibility in the adult only areas. "My 17 year old is mature enough" and "My 16 year old is mature enough" eventually becomes "My 14 year old is mature enough" and "My 12 year old is mature enough" and "My 10 year old is mature enough." If Disney doesn't want to enforce 18 and up only areas they should just stop having them at all.

As an adult travelling WITH children I say :thumbsup2!

Letting non-passengers look around the ship before departing is kind of like letting non-passengers tour an airplane before it departs. I'd assume if it were done these days, the non-passenger would have to present an official photo ID and register, at the very least.

Whatever it takes. They could do it if they wanted to, of course.

We had a great tour of a 747 once during a long gate overlay. Also walked around a Concorde.

I know it won't happen because of the magic, all-trumping word "security." But I can still dream......!

Even singles have to pay for practically the full price of the room as if there were 2 ppl in it. There's something called a single supplement where they have to pay 75-90% the total cost for the room. .

With DCL, it's full freight -- 200% for a solo traveler. If I can find someone else to go with me, I just hope they don't hit me with a change fee to add someone else since they've already charged me for two adults. The single supp. is one of the reasons I rarely cruise. DCL is the highest one I've dealt with.

I would really like to see a curfew of 1am for anyone under 18. That way when I tell my DS to be in at 1:00am I can blame it on a Disney rule and not look like the big mean mama. I am an early riser and DS is a light sleeper so he doesn't get all the rest he needs on a cruise and by day 3 or 4, he gets a little cranky! Yes, we do make our own curfew for him because we are the parents but struggle with a balance of enough sleep with his enjoyment. A curfew for teens by Disney would be great.

I would really like to see a curfew of 1am for anyone under 18. That way when I tell my DS to be in at 1:00am I can blame it on a Disney rule and not look like the big mean mama. I am an early riser and DS is a light sleeper so he doesn't get all the rest he needs on a cruise and by day 3 or 4, he gets a little cranky! Yes, we do make our own curfew for him because we are the parents but struggle with a balance of enough sleep with his enjoyment. A curfew for teens by Disney would be great.

I hear you. My daughter didn't make it back until 3:00a some nights. It took her 2 or 3 days to catch up on sleep when we got back.

I was never afraid to seem like the big bad mom. We told our kids what time to be back in the room and if they weren't, we went looking, and then they didn't go out after dinner the next night.

I think Disney figures (as I do) that it's the parents' responsibility to keep track of their kids at some point or another.

But we also never gave our kids their own stateroom, even a connecting one. When shared a suite, so that we knew what time they came and went, and so it wasn't just the kid's sleep that was going to get messed with, but mine and my husbands.

I'm sorry I like the no curfew as it is the only time my kids can stay out so late, feel independent and I know they are safe. We give ours a curfew except for the last night. The rule is if you come in late you have to be in that much earlier the next night. We enforce it once and they never do it again. They share our room so I know when they get in. They learn how to gain our trust and they show responsibility.

Here is my list of rules that need to be changed:
1) lounge chair saving should be allowed- If I am going to wake up at 4 am to put each of the shoes I bring on a chair to save them for the day, then others can wake at the same time or earlier to beat me.
2) Same goes for the hammocks on CC. Our family trains for at least 6 months to be able to sprint from the ship to claim all the hammocks before anyone else can get to them.
3) You should be able to leave your laundry in the dryer as long as yoy want to, after all you did pay for it.
4) There should not be any guidelines restricting shorts in the MDR's. I payed alot of money to cruise so I should be able to dress in my comfort zone.
5) They need to get rid of the no seat saving in the theaters. If my kids are willing to give up their dinner in order to get good seats for the nightly entertainment, then their efforts should not be waisted due to a silly rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter