What Movie did you love, but

The Passion of the Christ. I loved it but too emotionally draining and intense for repeat viewings, at least for me.

I saw it at the theatre when it came out. Bought it for the my girls to watch(we were converting at the time) and didn't see it again until this past Easter. Every year I would demand we all watch it as a family and then go "nope" can't do it :)

Great question!
For me it would have to be Poseidon Adventure. Loved it when I saw it as a kid. But apparently it did a number on me because I have an irrational fear of boats/ships and water! I can't breathe just thinking about it. I had a heck of a time going to visit my husband on his cutters when he was in the Coast Guard! And it gets worse with age!
My dd agrees with The Green Mile. But she said The Cowboys. She just has a very sensitive soul and has a hard time watching anything overly emotional. She won't watch any war movies, she won't watch/read Where the Red Fern Grows etc etc!

American History X
The Mist (the ending ruined me)
Paranormal Activity

The Mist’s ending was amazing. Way better than the ending in the book. Even Stephen King has said he wishes he would have written the ending that way.

I have no problem watching movies more than once. The one I saw once and will never watch again is What Dreams May Come. I have never cried harder at a movie in my lifetime.

The Kissing Place with Meredith Baxter Birney. It's my favorite movie. I watched in on you tube or something like that with my husband last year. He loved it too. It's doubtful we will watch again but you never know!

Cast Away. I loved it. But its repeat value is rather low because it's such a slow movie.

By the way what was in the package?

HAHAHAHA.

Though in the movie we never see, a scene not included has the package being opened and a letter from Buttina to Dick to give things one more chance and two jars of salsa. Dick refused it and it was going back to Butina.

We Were Soldiers
Black Hawk Down

I'm glad I saw them once, but I can never re-watch either movie.

In thinking about it, I'd probably add Schindler's List & Passion of the Christ - both very important films which I needed to see, but I have no desire to ever watch them again.

We Were Soldiers
Black Hawk Down

I'm glad I saw them once, but I can never re-watch either movie.

In thinking about it, I'd probably add Schindler's List & Passion of the Christ - both very important films which I needed to see, but I have no desire to ever watch them again.

I'd add 12 Years a Slave to that list. Good movie, but I do not want to see it again.

Two. Passion of the Christ and Dead Man Walking. Both so emotionally draining.

Watching Passion, I jumped every time they hit him and I cried so hard. Everyone in the theater did.

Dead Man Walking, brought emotions I didn't expect to have. Sean Penn is an amazing actor and played that part so well and so realistically. I knew he deserved the sentence he got but otoh, it was heart wrenching to watch his family go through it with him.

I have no problem watching movies more than once. The one I saw once and will never watch again is What Dreams May Come. I have never cried harder at a movie in my lifetime.

I love What Dreams May Come, and have watched it multiple times. The ending is very uplifting to me, although there are plenty of opportunities to grab the tissue box. I don’t mind a good cry movie so long as it doesn’t end on a sad note. I need that glimmer of hope.

I rewatch any movie I really like, so I can’t think of one I liked but won’t watch again. Usually it’s more of a “That was awful! I am never watching that again!”. I can’t remember the name of the worst movie I’ve seen, but it was about kids selling chocolate bars and just kind of ended with no resolution, and it didn’t really have much of a plot or any drama to capture my interest. It was worse than watching grass grow or paint dry. We all looked at each other and shook our heads in disbelief.

Shawshank Redemption
Brokeback Mountain

I loved both but can't bring myself to watch them again. Shawshank comes on TV sometimes and I will watch the parts that I like...lol

I literally just DVR'd The Notebook last night to watch tonight. Not sure if I want to get all sad tonight. :(

It depends on what hits you as sad. I didn’t find it that bad. Definitely not cry worthy. But, again, that’s just my opinion.

If I LOVE the movie, I'm not sure I would never watch it again. I avoid the scene in Bambi (you know which one) like the black plague because I will sob until I have no more tears left to cry if I'm even in my house when that scene is on. So I just take the dogs out to go do their business then.

I can think of movies I will never watch again just because I don't care for them. Like the new version of 'It'. Having a young son and then the little boy getting it right in the opening... just too close to home base. It's like when dogs die in movies, it's not supposed to happen. Even when you know it's just a movie, "It" just made me feel gross. The second one looks interesting though because the kids are grown up, I might give that one a chance. And Bill Hader is in it and I love him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter