What mixed drinks are worth the cost?

When you're at Petals, the pool bar at Pop, get the Captain's Mai Tai. It has an extra shot of rum on top.

Unfortunately, Petals no longer serves Mango Mojito's or I would suggest that.

As far as in the parks go...
Epcot: The full-service bars at the World Showcase don't use pre-mixed drinks, so you're good with just about any of them. I find that Morocco tends to be most generous with its alcohol portions.
Hollywood Studios: The outdoor Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge offers a walk-up bar with cocktails made on demand, nothing pre-mixed.
Animal Kingdom: I'm a big fan of the Thirsty River Bar in Asia, which has a full selection of mixers. Also, the frozen Coca-Cola slush with rum that's available at a few places isn't pre-mixed either, and depending on who makes it for you can end up incredibly strong.

As far as in the parks go...
Epcot: The full-service bars at the World Showcase don't use pre-mixed drinks, so you're good with just about any of them. I find that Morocco tends to be most generous with its alcohol portions.
Hollywood Studios: The outdoor Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge offers a walk-up bar with cocktails made on demand, nothing pre-mixed.
Animal Kingdom: I'm a big fan of the Thirsty River Bar in Asia, which has a full selection of mixers. Also, the frozen Coca-Cola slush with rum that's available at a few places isn't pre-mixed either, and depending on who makes it for you can end up incredibly strong.
The Coca-Cola slush with rum sounds fun - hadn't heard of that! Is that at kiosk places or restaurants/lounges? Thanks!

Had strong drinks at Tiffin lounge in AK. The Lapu Lapu, I think it's called, at Poly was strong. I always get the Grand Marnier slushie at kiosk in France at Epcot but it isn't super duper strong. Got some frozen tea drink in Japan...China?... kiosk that seemed strong. Sangria at Spice Road Table was good.

Last edited:
Had strong drinks at Tiffin lounge in AK. The Lapu Lapu, I think it's called, at Poly was strong. I always get the Grand Marnier slushie at kiosk in France at Epcot but it isn't super duper strong. Got some frozen tea drink in Japan kiosk that seemed strong. Sangria at Spice Road Table was good.

I forgot about the Grand Marnier slushie! That's a great one; not strong, but tasty. I like the lemon one there too.

The Coca-Cola slush with rum sounds fun - hadn't heard of that! Is that at kiosk places or restaurants/lounges? Thanks!

It's at Drinkwalla, which is a kiosk right as you enter Asia from Discovery Island. The last time I was there, I got one that was so not mixed that the first sip I took was basically straight rum. At that point I remembered to do some stirring with my straw.

Tipsy Ducks in Love at teh Joy of Tea cart in China at Epcot. They pour a heavy bourbon, and I don't even like bourbon, but I love this drink!

Some of it depends on your bartender. Years ago my relatives made friends with the bartender at Hurricane Hanna's and good God, did we ever get strong drinks. They were mostly rum and not much else.

Nowadays I'd recommend Nomad Lounge or Trader Sam's for a great mixed drink. Or the Hangar Bar.

We love Nomad Lounge/Tiffins (AK), La Cava de Tequila (Epcot), Sake bar in Mitsukoshi, Japan, Epcot, Trader Sam's (Polynesian), Homecoming (Disney Springs), drinks at 50s Prime Time, Hollywood Brown Derby (especially lounge), Morimoto, Dawa Bar (AK), Tusker House.

When staying on property, we usually bring a few bottles of beer or a bottle of wine with us, takes the sting out of drinking in the restaurants and bars. They sell bottles of beer and wine in the gift shops.

DH usually orders beer with higher ABV, or doubles of whiskey if drinking at a bar or restaurant. I like the Island Sunset at Tambu lounge, but I'm not sure how much alcohol goes in it.

The mai tais at petals are my favorite drink! You can get a lid from the bar and take it on the bus to the parks. Makes bag check a little more bearable!

Do they still have Glow-tinis at WDW? I haven't seen those on the menus I've been researching.

Do they still have Glow-tinis at WDW? I haven't seen those on the menus I've been researching.

50s Prime Time has some drinks with glow cubes. Sometimes Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge sells cocktails with the Star Wars glow things.

Blueberry lemonade at the Boathouse in DS- good stuff. Ruby-red grapefruit beer in Germany at Epcot.

During F&W this year, the Mexico kiosk had a fabulous drink, a Jalapeño margarita. I just checked and La Cava does list it on their menu.

It's $12.50 on the MDE app menu. They were $11 at F&W, but I wonder if La Cava's is a larger serving since the kiosk is a sample. Also, I would guess that it's the same recipe?

Those drinks were delicious and a unique experience. The jalapeño made my lips feel warm and tingly. It was a pleasant sensation, and if it's the same drink in La Cava, I highly recommend.

I'm wondering what everyone's recommendations are for good mixed drinks? I'm mostly interested about in the park drinks, and Pop Century because we are staying there, but feel free to include other resorts and Disney Springs if you wish. The reason I ask is because on our last trip 2 years ago we stayed at YC and ordered some mixers from Hurricane Hannah's that were not strong enough or big enough for the roughly $9 per drink. I stuck to beer after that. And I planned to stick to beer on our upcoming trip but thought I'd get some ideas for some change up cocktails. My expectations aren't too high, I'm only looking for at least 'strong enough I guess'.

15 days out
And
I'm
Packed
Some places serve pre-made mixed drinks from a dispenser. It's the only way to accommodate the demand. Avoid those weak drinks.

Hand-made cocktails are as good as the bartender serving you.

Let's just say I have a good deal of experience with the following: ask for a 'stiff drink' when you order and you will likely receive a marginally more potent drink. If you plan on returning for another round, start with a gratuity that's a $1-$2 more than you might normally give.

My personal Park favorite is a Margarita to-go from Prime Time Lounge. It's a busy bar, so be patient.

Or, you may be able to enhance the alcohol content by being specific. For instance, I like Wild Turkey Bourbon and some places carry the higher proofed version. Or, ask for a 'floater' of a higher proof for your first drink if you like rum (that means they top off your drink with the higher proof alcohol). Or, just ask for a shot of your favorite alcohol first - while the bartender is making your cocktail - this will get you to where you want to be a bit sooner.

But in the end - please, drink responsibly!

La cava del tequila: any margarita on the rocks, try to get a table if you can, drinks are made fresh and fantastic. We try to hit this place every time first thing so we can share some guacamole and have a margarita or two.

Nomad lounge: all of them seemed fantastic.I liked I think it's called lame libation??( It's been so long I forgot lol)a lot and I agree with the quality being higher.

Disney springs: i kept it simple and usually order mojitos from the bartenders in the kiosk near the lake in the marketplace area. I also had great drinks at Raglan road.

Epcot: I forgot what the bar is called but it's located in Italy to the left of via Napoli. I had a bruschetta martini there that was also really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter