What kind of Dr do you have?

Internal Medicine.
My mom was an RN but never worked for Kaiser. I grew up hearing nothing but bad things about Kaiser....other than they paid their nurses more.
My MIL died unexpectedly of a heart attack after 4 complete Kaiser physicals in one year. We don't know whether they didn't diagnose her hypertension, or if she chose not to treat it. My wife decided a lawsuit wouldn't bring her mother back, so dropped any consideration of that.
And they screwed up my neighbor's cancer treatment. They "missed" two lymph nodes during surgery. Can't say for 100% sure that that mistake is why he is now Stage 4 cancer, but it is suspicious.
Every place I have worked Kaiser was usually the most expensive health plan offered, which is why if often got dropped.

I know there are some areas where Kaiser has a bad reputation and I'm sorry your MIL and neighbor had those experiences. I had family members who had them when I was growing up and heard terrible things about them too. When we made the switch it was the only option for us and we had nothing but great experiences with them when we were members. If my husbands new company starting offering it, we would most definitely switch back again, like I said in the original post, it was almost a deal breaker on whether or not he would take the job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter