What jobs are common in your family?

For the men: Firefighters or some sort of union job
Women: teachers/school worker/childcare
Many have had first or side jobs as bartenders or waiters/waitresses at some point.

I am a CPA and an attorney and the only one of each of those in either side of my family, so I'm the odd duck

Lawyers/judges (father, sister, grandfather), medical (me-nurse practitioner, mother NICU nurse, sister radiology, DD going into nursing)

Recently, teachers... me, my mom, my 2 cousins, my aunt is an x-ray tech but teaches the profession too, my grandma was a school nurse (kinda counts?)

No common jobs. My dad was a coal miner and then factory worker st Gm. Mom wa. Housewife. I was consultant in hr although I didn’t go to college. I was only child. My husband and a lawyer. His dad was a salesman and sister a marketing executive. He would have loved one of his daughters yo be a lawyer but no. Neither of my step daughters graduated from college although one is a very successful saleswomen. Our niece abd nephews are nurse, house painter and policeman.

Tile setting and healthcare are the most common. But we have a huge extended family, and most are in neither of those lines of work. Everything from engineers to regional managers for large retail chains to freelancing professionals.

My dad and uncle were both police officers. My mom was a jail nurse (in fact, my parents met while working at the county jail). I always get kicked out of jury duty when they ask if I know anyone in law enforcement. One time, the judge even said he knew my dad and said to tell him Judge M said hi!

Engineers and teachers
Exact same here. Mom, Dad, Me, Brother in law, a Sister in law, DDIL's parents-all teachers. DH, DS both Engineers. I started my career as an Engineer, was asked to teach an Engineering course one evening a week, soon became a teacher. DS #2? He's a freelance professional musician in NYC-I have no idea where he came from!

Schools, All 3 of my brothers,2 sisters in law, and 3 nephews all work/worked in the custodial department, I was a teacher and my mom a lunch aide in the same district. I also have an uncle and 2 cousins in another state who are /were teachers. There are also a few nurses and nurse techs.

Beyond my immediate family, Mine Engineering is the big one. 6 cousins work (or worked) in that industry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter