What is your wardrobe for variable weather?

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
In winter months , Florida weather is can very variable.

This month we are seeing a cold snap with morning temps in the high 40 and after noons peaking in low 70’s….later in the week , up to the low 80’s.

What do you wear in the parks for days like this?

We are going to WDW tomorrow and I have been checking the weather repeatedly so that I know how to pack. The lows will be in the mid to high 50's which means that it will be chilly when getting on the bus for rope drop. It also means that it will be chilly at night for fireworks. But with a high of mid 70's to upper 70's and mostly rain free, I will have some summer things, too.

On the days with a high in the low 70's means that most of the day will be in the high 60's and I'll wear lightweight slacks and have a sweater that I can throw into my bag later in the day. On the days when the high will be upper 70's then I will wear shorts.

We always come back to the resort in the afternoons and can change to long pants before going out for the evening.

We have access to a washer and dryer for our trips so we bring 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 short sleeve shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts, 2 hoodies and a knit hat and gloves.

Last trip (mid-January) we only needed shorts 1 day of 7, but we were glad to have them during the day and then changed to pants for the evening.

Hope you have a great trip!

My normal game plan is under armor UVA long sleeves, with a buttong down shirt on top.

Pants in that weather for me also.

What do you wear in the parks for days like this?
One word - Layers

We are local so we deal with this every "winter". You just dress in layers so that some combination of them will be comfortable as the day starts cool and warms up.

The things to be sure you have are warmer than usual socks along with warm hats and gloves.

We've had 40s highs with 20s windchills at WDW in mid-November more than once (lucky us!) and found knit hats and gloves really helped.

All that humidity makes a 20s windchill there vicious.

If we were staying onsite, we'd go back to the hotel and change for cooler temps in the evening (in the morning, we always arrived late enough that a hoodie did just fine with our shorts. Besides, coming from the PNW back then, those temps weren't anything too bad for us). If coming from offsite, we brought a big beach bag with warmer clothes we'd change into and then rent a locker for the bag.

Jeans keep my legs from burning, and keep them warm when it’s cold. Always jeans. Additional items are bought as needed in the gift shop. I try to make sure I need things when I go to WDW.

“I had to buy this souvenir shirt/sweatshirt/jacket/hat etc because I didn’t pack it.”

Before my most recent (January) trip, I finally got one of those lightweight down jackets that seem to be all the rage these days, a Patagonia. It's 800-fill down, and it's so packable; I can easily stuff it into a backpack, even a small one. For a day that starts 40 and goes to 80, I'd just wear a t-shirt under it and take it off when it gets too warm.

For really variable weather in one day like that, I start out in leggings/joggers, tshirt, fleece hoodie and a lightweight packable down jacket over top. I take a backpack so I can remove layers as needed. I even bring a pair of super light athletic-style shorts to change into if it gets really warm.

My "go to" outfit is light weight jeans, tshirt, and a white windbreaker with a baseball cap - all also keep the sun from burning my sensitive skin. Have a fleece long sleeve pullover, gloves, and poncho (all lightweight) that go in a shoulder beach bag for early morning/nite cold or weather changes. I leave some of it in a locker if convenient - but keep the bag for snacks, water on me at all times. I bring sunscreen and lightweight sandals for a switch out of shoes if super hot. Second pair of tennis shoes at the hotel so I'm wearing a dry pair each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter