What is your typical wait time to get into your grocery store?

No wait at any grocery store in our area or when I go to buy groceries for my dad. Sam’s is limiting the number of people in the store but the line is only a few people and takes minutes. We’re trying to limit shopping trips to once every 10-14 days but I don’t think I would see anything different if we went more often.

Had to wait first time today to get in someplace, Costco 10 mins. But since so few people no wait to checkout so I waited to get in vs standing in line to checkout.

No wait here. Just walk in anytime. I did hear a few stores were implementing one-way isles. But so far we mask up and head in. (I did see a few VERY pregnant young ladies without masks!!) lots of big families traveling in packs (6 or more!) no masks. What's with these people!!!!
What difference does their being pregnant make? I presume you think it makes them more vulnerable but you miss the point of wearing masks in public. Masks are to protect others from the wearer, not to protect the wearer from others.
I normally don't like to bend the rules or take advantage like this but I am immunocompromised so i'm doing it and I don't feel bad about it. DH manages a grocery store and he has me come in before the store opens to do the shopping for about 2 weeks or so.
:confused3I don't object to what you're doing but I do wonder why. If you are immunocompromised and your DH works at a grocery store, why don't you just skip the risk entirely and have him bring home everything you need? :confused:

What difference does their being pregnant make? I presume you think it makes them more vulnerable but you miss the point of wearing masks in public. Masks are to protect others from the wearer, not to protect the wearer from others.

:confused3I don't object to what you're doing but I do wonder why. If you are immunocompromised and your DH works at a grocery store, why don't you just skip the risk entirely and have him bring home everything you need? :confused:

Because I have the running inventory of household supplies in my head and know what meals I have planned out and what substitutions I can make or adjustments if needed. If I notice he has Tide again for example I can grab that on the fly when I wouldn't think to put it on the list and he wouldn't think to grab it because it wasn't on the list. What would take him 2 hours at the end of the 12 hour shift would take me 45 minutes. Plus it is good for my mental health to be able to get out and say a hello to other adults.

Plus when I shop we get plenty of fruits and veggies to snack on while when he shops we get fruits and veggies and to stinks pizza rolls and chips and french onion dip and ice cream and pretzels and who knows what all else. He spends more than I do.

There are zero openings for grocery pick up around here unless you wait a week or more. So grocery shopping it is.
IF the stores in your area let you edit your order (Fred Meyer/Kroger/WalMart do in my area, Safeway does not) then you might try securing that week out appt now. Youd still have to go this week, but could move to online.

I would be very careful if I was pregnant, they have discussed some bad instances effects on very young children where I work.

No wait. I typically go 30 minutes to an hour before closing and I’m the only shopper in the store.

IF the stores in your area let you edit your order (Fred Meyer/Kroger/WalMart do in my area, Safeway does not) then you might try securing that week out appt now. Youd still have to go this week, but could move to online.

The couple times I've been able to do what you suggest, the website doesn't show what I need even if it's clearly in the store. For example, it will show nothing for chicken but when I go into the store the case is stocked with chicken :confused3

I've never had to wait at Giant Eagle or Aldi (Pittsburgh suburbs). I usually go pretty early in the morning.

DD in Washington DC has to line up on Saturday morning, before store is even open. I think that is Trader Joe's.

Wow, my Costco doesn't open until 10 regularly.

You might want to check with your store...the store page (and Google) for our Costco still shows the normal opening time of 9am but they are opening at 7am. Not sure how they accommodate the special senior hour Tu-Th, if they open at 6 on those days or make it seniors only 7-8.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore! No waits here at Acme. I don’t go to Shop Rite but I haven’t heard of any waits there.

Went to Costco for the 8 a.m. senior hour this morning. People were already lining up for the "normal people" 9 a.m. opening, but the senior line was less than a minute. They had several check-out lanes open so that wasn't a big deal either. The store had huge pallets full of Kirkland (store brand) potty paper. Since I had already stocked up via Amazon, I think I was the only one who didn't buy a pkg today.

Even at 8 a.m. their meat supplies were very limited. Love their steak, but there wasn't much of it.

Here's hoping I don't have to do another Costco run for another month.

No wait at the supermarket yesterday, but a 45 minute wait to get in at Costco, but the checkout line was fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter