What is your touring plan with POTS or similar like chronic fatigue, fibro, etc.?

Thank you for the responses. We leave today and I'm excited but also anxious. I'm trying to not let that show and just relax. It will be a different trip but a wonderful trip!

Hey there! I've got Fibro and ME and am also a Disney nut! I've been using a wheelchair for at least part of our trips for almost 20 years (wow, that makes me feel old) and I've never found anywhere more accessible and accommodating. I think a wheelchair will be a huge help, even if he decides not to use it the whole time.

One piece of advice I can give you is, use the first aid centres. They are brilliant and will do what they can to take good care of you. If you just go in and explain the situation, they'll give your son a bed to rest in, as and when he needs. It's cool and quiet, and he can stay there for an hour or so if he needs to. I've used them a number of times when I've been flagging, and they've been a lifesaver - so much easier than trekking back to the hotel!

Other than that, the main tips I can give you are probably ones you already know. Keep him well hydrated and fed (my appetite often goes in the heat, until I crash from hunger), and take plenty of breaks in the aircon. I find sports drinks very useful (not the kind with caffeine in) as the electrolytes and sugars keep me ticking. Use the wheelchair in lines and parade viewing areas - it's not cheating, it's just saving energy. And most of all - have fun!

Thank you for everyone's tips. We just got back yesterday. We had a good trip. We took it easy. He used the wheelchair mainly to get out of the parks when he was done. He made it a couple hours each morning that we did parks and a couple each evening. We used the DAS which helped but he was still only good for about two rides before he was done. We didn't get to everything we wanted but we enjoyed the rest days and had a great time!

I have POTS, fibro, and other diseases. My biggest suggestion is to take breaks BEFORE you need them. Alternate rides or attractions with long lines with theatre shows with shorter lines.

I have had the opportunity to go to WDW many, many times in the last 25 years. I've progressively had fatigue from sleep apnea, chronic fatigue and now peripheral neuropathy during most of that time.

After I finally got my sleep apnea diagnosed and cured with surgery, it wasn't that long before I developed chronic fatigue syndrome. I learned how to deal with that and just recently have developed nerve problems that leave me very wobbly and exhausted.

Since I've been so many times I do not feel that I must ride every ride, etc. I still remember the first time I just casually strolled along, sat down when I felt like it, etc. It was so liberating.

But I am not a youngster who still wants to see and do everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter