What is your special ability ?

Nah! Everybody is good at something. Math? Science? Cooking? Woodworking? Traveling? I think you’ve said you travel a lot. You must be good at researching and planning for your trips. Do you know any foreign languages or have you picked up a few words during your travels?

Nah! Everybody is good at something. Math? Science? Cooking? Woodworking? Traveling? I think you’ve said you travel a lot. You must be good at researching and planning for your trips. Do you know any foreign languages or have you picked up a few words during your travels?
fixed my comment

Let's see... I think that my "superpower" is patience.

And also teaching others how to use technology, particularly their personal tech (but that's been my job for a long time, so... LOL)

I especially like working with Sr Citizens and helping them learn about computers, tablets and phones, although I have recently been informed by a young 'un that I am now considered to be an Elder Geek, and am (apparently) on the cusp of my doddering old age as well! LOL I told him since I'm so old, I don't have to listen to him! LOL

But Adam, I'll wager that you have a superpower too! What is that one thing that all of your friends come to you for? Are you awesome at Fortnite? Are you your group's computer wiz? Maybe you are the guy who knows everything about space travel, or combustion engines or you are a trivia master! Whatever it is, that's your superpower!

I can concentrate on two things at once like sing a song and count money. I did that back in high school when I worked at a grocery store. I can pretty much concentrate on what I am doing and what my trainee is doing too. I split my brain in 1/2 sort of. I think it is because I am bi-lingual.

I’ve been told my gift is talking to kids. I didn’t know that was anything difficult until people started to tell me how good I am at it. :confused3 I just thought it was normal.

I work with high school students with disabilities. (No, that is not my special ability) One of the things I tell them, especially when they are frustrated trying to improve on an academic subject that is linked to their disability, is that not everyone is good at everything. I think young adults with disabilities think everyone is smarter than they are, or can do just about everything out there, and it makes them so discouraged. I tell them everyone has difficulties with something, and is really good at other things. They don't believe me. So I tell them about me!

Sure, I say, I'm good at the academics, for the most part. But don't ask for an answer in history class. I suck at history! (and if this is being done in a group setting, hopefully there's a student there who has had me as an aide in history and knows I don't remember the fine details and have to look things up just like they do, and will tell the other student, with examples :) ) I can do the math, I tell them, and bio and chem, English, but I'm rusty with the foreign languages and history is my downfall. I also tell them I can't cook worth beans. That once I made oatmeal cookies and forgot to add the oatmeal. That usually is enough to convince them no one is perfect! :)

The one thing I'm really good at - teaching kids how to do math, bio, chemistry. Breaking things down into logical steps, modifying curriculum so that a student can learn what needs to be learned, and not feel stupid, or left out, or less than.

This thread is VERY good. I need to send it to my niece - she teaches special-education high schoolers!!!

Okay I confess I asked this question because a lot of disabled people think they cannot do much . Well maybe they don't ? But I thought it would make everyone on the disabilities board happier if they could think what they could do well rather what they do badly.

Thank you, Adam! I think it's a terrifc idea!

Let's see... My answer would probably change had I not JUST finished with this endeavor this past weekend, but... does getting 45 or so 1st to 6th grade kids to do a church children's musical together count? lol Granted, I'm not the main director - I'm one of two assistant directors under the main director. However, if attempting to give the pastor's kid the evil eye while also attempting to still do the motions to the song for the rest of the kids doesn't count for something....

If that doesn't count, I can come up with something else. Since I'm not the main director, I feel like maybe I should give another answer. lol

And mamabunny, I would say one of your strengths is encouragement!

I think my superpower is empathy. Sometimes to my own demise I am empathetic towards others! Not to say I am perfectly patient or don't ever get upset. I definitely do. But I find myself always feeling and trying to think of myself in others peoples' shoes. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter