What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I skipped a few grades, so the school system set me up with a math mentor to make sure I wasn't skipping any basics. First day, the so-called mentor told me I obviously wasn't gifted in math. I was seven years old, and what I heard was, "You're horrible at math." Completely changed the course of my life, causing me to avoid as much math or math-based science as I possibly could.

Fast forward a couple of decades, to when I was working as a curriculum developer. I had to develop lessons based on Euclidean geometry. Aack!!! But I dug into it, and I discovered it actually made a ton of sense to me. That's when I started questioning what the math mentor had said all those years before. Ended up teaching myself calculus over a weekend and went on to earn a graduate certificate in astrophysics with straight As. I probably won't actually switch to a STEM field at this point in my life, but wow, how could my life have been different? Words matter.

I didn't get anything bad said to me by a teacher, but my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Weil hit me on the top of my head with her fist like I was a whack-a-mole because I passed out the test papers to the left instead of to the right. When I got home that day I told my Mom. She called the school and complained to the principal but I don't recall anything being done about it. This was the mid-70s, and my school still had a "Paddle Day" on Wednesdays. We would all go to the auditorium and the kids who were being punished had to go up on stage to be paddled in front of the whole school. So Mrs. Weil hitting me over the head was probably not a big deal to the principal since he was the one who did the paddling.

I'd work for a mortgage company, which is on the ground floor of my building. Which is already kind of the direction of the field I work in (insurance), so I guess I'll be fine there.

That I was dead wrong about something. I drew a picture and captioned it "the Moon rising" or something like that.

She called me up front in the classroom and told me in front of the whole class that I was wrong and only the Sun rises and not the Moon.

MJ

My choices are a church, a music school or the public library. Since I am tone deaf and the church is a denomination that is outside my comfort zone, I guess the library it is.

Jeepers Creepers. it was a kind of pre-Elvira hosted scary movie show. He always had an eyeball highball.
I looked it up recently and found out it was just a thing in the LA-SoCal marketplace.

Duel (1971 ABC)
Stephen Spielberg directed this flick about a businessman tormented on the highway by an unseen trucker.

Sybil (1976 NBC)
Sally Field portrays the deranged lunatic with multiple personality disorder.

The Day After (1983 ABC)
A movie about the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust.
This one was such a dark movie they actually had experts standing by to call if viewers were emotionally distraught. And lots of school kids were assigned to watch it and report on it.

I was like 6 or 7 yrs old so don’t make fun of me lol

I loved BJ and the Bear and I can still remember the theme song ‘BJ McKay and his best friend Bear 🎶’ We kids were fascinated with trucks and always used the honk gesture to say hi to trucks riding thru town and they’d honk back at us. Peterbuilts were our fav because they looked so cool 😎 Even that young I was crushing on BJ (who grew up not far from us). And a funny monkey to boot 🤣 What’s not to love. Any adult aspects of the show went right over my head.

1971 "Nancy". TV series about the President's daughter falling in love with and marrying a Veterinarian in Iowa. Only lasted for 17 episodes before NBC canceled it.

Growing up in the 80's, this was on TV quite often. Absolutely terrifying!!!

Fortress-58b8b5115f9b58af5c692f23.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter