What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I also purchase Mary Kay face wash cloths - they are "dry" and don't count towards liquids in the carry-on. You just run them under the tap and they suds up - I cut them in half before using them as I find that half of one is sufficient. And no need for toner as it's a two in one! Keeps the maintenance down as well. My Mary Kay rep thinks I'm nuts as this is the only thing I ever buy from her....

I use the Olay face wash cloths--which also are "dry". I just buy them at Target and have great luck with them. They remove eye make-up, too, on the rare occasion when I bother to dab on a bit of mascara. I'm over 50 and find they leave my skin clean and minimize the need for an evening moisturizer, especially while traveling in the humidity that is Florida!

One of the reasons I use these, is that it helps avoid the stench of the central Florida tap water. First started using them because they are moist, and can be further moistened with bottled or boiled water--which is particularly helpful if you're traveling in the third world where the tap water can kill you. Fortunately, Florida water only smells badly, it isn't actually lethal. :-)

These are some awsome suggestions. I am truly interested in the collapsible bottles or cups. Where can I get these must haves for WDW.

Thanks,

Elaina

If you're asking about the bottles I mentioned, I bought them through Amazon. Other sites sell them too. They came in really handy! I felt better not buying and throwing away tons of plastic and we always had water on hand. Very handy in hot summer lines. :)

Glo sticksfor the kids, great for parades, fireworks and entertaining the kids before shows.

A plastic shower curtainYou can get these at the dollar store, we use it for covering up strollers if it's raining , and we clip it to the stroller with clothespins, and you can also use it to sit on at the parades.

Mister FansThis saved our trip in August...you can get them at Walmart

Flip flopsThis may sound crazy, but we got really cheap ones and they pack pretty flat....we would change into them before water rides, and it saved us from squishing around in wet sneakers all day

Soft sided cooler.For keeping extra drinks and snacks cool.

Glo sticksfor the kids, great for parades, fireworks and entertaining the kids before shows.

A plastic shower curtainYou can get these at the dollar store, we use it for covering up strollers if it's raining , and we clip it to the stroller with clothespins, and you can also use it to sit on at the parades.

Mister FansThis saved our trip in August...you can get them at Walmart

Flip flopsThis may sound crazy, but we got really cheap ones and they pack pretty flat....we would change into them before water rides, and it saved us from squishing around in wet sneakers all day

Soft sided cooler.For keeping extra drinks and snacks cool.
If you're looking for misting fans, the dollar section at Target has a pump mister for $2.50

We :goodvibes always :goodvibes pack/take the following (these go into my "park bag" daily):

Shout wipes
Dramamine
Small bottle of Tylenol
All size baggies
Antibacterial wipes (indidual pakaged ones)
Kool-Aid/Crystal Light Packets
Extra Memory Cards
Mini M&M container (2... one for already rotated penny and two quarters and one to put pressed pennies in)
Over the door shoe hanger
Small pack of tissues
Lipbalm
Compact that has a mirror
Travel sized deoderant
Splenda
Sunglasses
Gum
Hairbrush
Fresh washcloth daily
Glasses wipes (individually packaged)
Trading pins (for both my DS and myself)
A couple of large bags... to cover my park bag when it pours!
An extra shirt for myself "just in case"
A few band-aids and antiseptic wipes
My glucose meter
Alcolhol wipes
Glucose tabs for when sugar unexpectedly drops
Cell phone
Inhaler
KTTW Card(s)
ID
Contact solution
Contact case
Pair of glasses
Day by day ADR Reservation list for the entire vacation

Although this list is long, it easily fits into my Jansport Sling that I use exclusively at WDW! :thumbsup2

And while this is not taken to the park daily, it is packed! We ALWAYS take our own pillows (ech, others drool... no thank you) and an over the door shoe rack to organize H&BA, ect... I also bring a tub of Lysol Wipes to clean knobs, light switches, handles, the telephone, and so on!

Okay, I had to read through everything first to make sure I wasn't duplicating..

I bring my own hair dryer. The ones on property take forever to dry my hair. It's bulky, but when you have a toddler screaming that he needs to see Buzz Lightyear, you might thank yourself.

I used to bring a shower curtain to block off the sink from the bedroom area for the value resorts. If you are staying at the refurbed Pop, you won't need this anymore.

I bring my own conditioner. Shampoo is shampoo, but conditioner is a must with some defrizzing help. If you have wavy or curly hair, your hair will look horrible if you don't dry it all the way and use product help.

Balmex for heat rash.

Chewing gum - It's not sold in the parks. I refuse to allow my husband smoke in front of my child, or yours. Suck it up DH, just because you don't love your lungs doesn't mean you can ruin everyone elses... oops, rant.

Lip balm with sunscreen. If you don't bring it, you will be sorry. I wear lipstick, but this is for the boys.

Allergy medication. I bring the Claritin redi tabs. When you are travelling out of your normal area, you never know if you will be allergic to a blooming tree you never saw before.

Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I am OCD about ironing but on vacation, I try to be normal. After clothes are in the suitcase, I spray and hang up.

I am totally subbing! Thanks OP!

we bring a lingere bag. You know the ones you use to wash your delicates in the laundry. Instead of bringing a pump soap dispenser that can leak in your suitcase put your bar of soap in there. You hang it up in the shower. It avoids picking up that icky wet soap.

Colored ice cube trays. If you use the colored ones mousekeeping wont think you took theirs. The tray in the villas always seem to be missing. But we freezed juice in these or wine for the adults. This way if you do bring it down to the pool it keeps your drinks cool without diluting them. Also freeze grapes in them. The frozen grapes keeps things cold. Put them in ziploc bags or Plastic containers. Helps keep food you bring down to pool or parks cold.

My DH came up with this idea a few years ago. We pack our digital camera and it's printer (along with photo paper). Then each night when we get back from the park, we print the pictures from that day and go ahead and put them in our photo album we bought as soon as we arrived at Disney. This makes it so easy to show everyone your pictures as soon as you get home. I would have never thought of this, but it really works out well!

My DH came up with this idea a few years ago. We pack our digital camera and it's printer (along with photo paper). Then each night when we get back from the park, we print the pictures from that day and go ahead and put them in our photo album we bought as soon as we arrived at Disney. This makes it so easy to show everyone your pictures as soon as you get home. I would have never thought of this, but it really works out well!
Half the fun of photography is playing around with the pictures. I do far too much processing and playing around to be able to print every evening in the resort room. Good idea though for the snapshooters. FAR cheaper though to send them out to a good printer like AdoramaPix (my recommmendation for excellent prints.)

Packing cubes! We used these last year for the first time. OUr suitcases held alot more and we bought one color for each person. Just take the cubes out of your suitcase and you are all unpacked! I'm a cubie addict! :rotfl:

Ive never heard of these??? where do I look for them??

I don't see how some of you take all this stuff with you. :confused3 You must drive! :thumbsup2 We fly, so we have to keep stuff to a minimum. I've already created a "Disney Packing List" that includes several of the items mentioned. Thanks for the great ideas!:love:

I don't see how some of you take all this stuff with you. :confused3 You must drive! :thumbsup2 We fly, so we have to keep stuff to a minimum. I've already created a "Disney Packing List" that includes several of the items mentioned. Thanks for the great ideas!:love:

LOL we fly Southwest so we can take a little more (gotta watch the bag weight though). ;) The packing cubes allow us to fit more into our suitcases. I was skeptical at first but wow!

We take a portable fan (small flat box type) which doubles as a white noise machine and keeping cool in the bathroom while getting ready. Nothing worse than a sweaty princess! :earseek:

We shipped a box over with a lot of food items as well as toiletries. Almond milk, cereal, etc.. We also ordered a box of granola bars from Costco and had it delivered to our room.

Each day we would pack some "to go" cereal packets (pouch kind not box kind) and granola bars in the backpack to munch on. We used the almond milk for the cereal and it traveled quite well. We weren't on the dining plan and always ate breakfast in our room with our own food.

I like a strong cup of coffee in the morning and in room coffee, and other coffee in general is pretty weak so I add a packet of Starbucks Via instant coffee to it to make it stronger. Same idea as the Crystal Lite.

Band-aid brand has a pretty nice little stick (under 3oz) of blister balm that came in quite handy as well.

I guess we packed fairly usual things. The travel toiletries section at Target turns me into a kid in a candy store. I know, it's weird. But I buy a new shower poofy each time and travel soaps etc...

I like the idea someone else posted about the drink cup lids for popsicles. that is a great idea! I've also used those lids to put ketchup on for dipping fries.

Mr Bungle, I love your idea of using the drink lids for somewhere to put ketchup. That's always a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter