• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite quick service option in Magic Kingdom?

The flat breads at Pinocchio's are pretty good and rather large for the price. However, I think Columbia Harbor House is my favorite. I actually liked their clam chowder, even on a hot day. I am not from New England though. The taco salad at Pecos Bill's was good, but it's gone now:(

Cosmic Rays: I like the Sunny Eclipse show. I really liked the BBQ sandwich & the mango gelato was very good.

I don't care for burgers at MK. My kids like the fixin's bars at Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's. I personally like CHH. I had seafood Mac and cheese and wife had the lobster roll. Both were good and filling. I always like trying something new there. We have had a great experience at Casey's and a horrible experience at Casey's. Just don't go near closing and maybe it'll be fine. If you can get BOG for lunch it's pretty good. And, of course, there's always turkey legs!

I am another Sonny Eclipse fan. Plus any place that has a vegetarian option is okay in my book and Cosmic Ray's has a veggie burger. I also love Columbia Harbor House. I like the theme, the quiet in the upstairs seating area and the vegetarian chilli (though I will miss the bread bowl that it used to come with).

Tomorrowland Terrace, Burgers are very gd there for a quick lunch, also have a very gd Chicken sandwich

1. Columbia Harbor House
2. Cosmic Ray's
3. Pecos Bill's, although no longer offering the taco salad is a bummer.

BOG is *NOT* a QS restaurant. I realize that it's only a QS credit on the dining plan (breakfast and lunch), but no restaurant that requires a reservation to get in is a QS restaurant...not to mention their ridiculous OOP prices. "Quick Service" means you walk up at any time and order.

Columbia Harbor House -- love the food options and sitting upstairs by the windows.
Friar's Nook -- I can't say no to mac and cheese!
Sleepy Hollow -- delicious waffle sandwiches

I realize that it's only a QS credit on the dining plan (breakfast and lunch)

So BOG is a QS

..but no restaurant that requires a reservation to get in is a QS restaurant...not to mention their ridiculous OOP prices. "Quick Service" means you walk up at any time and order.

OOP prices are irrelevant. Disney has already defined BOG as a lunch quick service. Your definition of quick service is more like the definition of fast food which is you walk up at any time and order. So BOG may not be "fast food" but it still remains a quick service option that serves gourmet food.

well ..here goes the difference...we love Cosmic Rays....I always get the half chicken meal and mashed and seasonal veggie...it is a lot of chicken ..even for me...My husband always gets a burger and fries...I have had their chicken ceasar salad..but havent seen it lately.. I am ok with this place...but as you can see..everyone has a different likes and dislikes...we also like Columbia house...if we are in that area...

We also love Cosmic Ray's, especially the half chicken meal - it's enough for 2 if you add a salad! The ordering from separate counters is a pita until your kids are old enough to get in a separate line unless you have 2 adults with your group. It's a really stupid process and so inefficient for the customers.

I was finally able to try BOG last year, and really enjoyed the quick service/sit down to eat concept. The food was yummy, and IMO, better quality than most other QS in MK.

Before BOG, my favorite was CHH (and still is a favorite). The shrimp platter, and many side options are super good!

So BOG is a QS

OOP prices are irrelevant. Disney has already defined BOG as a lunch quick service. Your definition of quick service is more like the definition of fast food which is you walk up at any time and order. So BOG may not be "fast food" but it still remains a quick service option that serves gourmet food.

So, how guests on the dining plan pay is the only thing that matters? QS is Disney's version of fast food, last time I checked. You walk up to a counter without a reservation, you order your food, you get your food, and you go sit down and eat. How many other QS restaurants in any of the 4 parks require an ADR to dine there? Zero. BOG as a "QS" for OOP guests means absolutely nothing. The only reason anyone even considers it a QS is because those on the dining plan can eat breakfast or lunch and only use a QS credit. It used to be a QS restaurant, when fast passes and walkups were allowed, but no longer can be considered a QS restaurant by all guests.

Be Our Guest. The food is good (I like the French onion soup and ham and cheese) and the atmosphere is great.

I'm in the Columbia Harbor House fanclub, too. The lobster roll is amazing. Thinking about trying the seafood mac & cheese on my next visit!

The various Mac & Cheese choices at Friar's Nook have become a new favorite of ours when we want a quick bite . . .

Depending what I'm in the mood for & what time of day:
Columbia Harbor House (haven't had anything bad there)
Friar Nooks (ohhh mac & cheese)
Tortuga Tavern (you can really load up on the burrito with toppings)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter