What is Your Favorite Lesser Known Disney Movie

Pollyanna - I don't understand why Disney doesn't show this anymore. Great message
Meet the Robinsons

Can't believe nobody has said The Greatest Game Ever Played. It only did $15M at the box office, so I'm going to call it lesser known.

I am confused by some people citing movies that are among disneys top box office earners of all time as 'lesser known'! The Lion King, the little mermaid, beauty and the beast? Someone please tell me I'm not just so old that these have become lesser known...please...

I love Newsies, and many others that folks have said, but my favorite "really lesser known Disney movie" has to be "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band". Great cast, and even though Robert Sherman wasn't thrilled writing for it, the Sherman Brothers' score is great. First movie with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn together, although she was a little too old for him at that point.

World's Greatest Athlete. Had the biggest crush on Jan-Michael Vincent. Sadly he fell off the deep end.

Pete's Dragon was always one of my favorites! I can't believe how many people have never heard of it. I also love Summer Magic, and the Tower of Terror movie!

I love Pete's Dragon too. What a great cast

I LOVE Tuck Everlasting. So good and sad! I also love the Parent Trap (though not sure if that's really 'lesser' known') and Lady & the Tramp, which I feel like is underrated in terms of Disney cartoons!

Emperor's New Groove is great! Every time we are at the parks I check for ENG merchandise but sadly I never see it. I would LOVE to see a remake of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. They can do so much with special effects.

There are almost too many to list. Some that I really like that seem to be either forgotten or know one knows about are: Bedknobs and Broomsticks, So Dear to My Heart, The Gnome Mobile, Follow Me Boys, and so many more wonderful movies.

Not my favorite, but watching Million Dollar Duck attm

Hard to pick One favorite so here are some of mine:

Summer Magic & In Search of the Castaways with Hayley Mills -okay, almost any Disney Hayley Mills movie

Wild Hearts Can't be Broken

The Boy Who Could Fly

Newsies!

Flight of the Navigator

Pete's Dragon

Candleshoe
AND the Original Escape to Witch Mountain (love the scene with the puppets)

They need to bring Back the Disney Sunday Night Movie.
Too few people my age and younger do know know these gems!

Newsies is pretty much the greatest movie in the world imo
Also I feel like Great Mouse Detective is forgotten a lot - a real shame, I adore that movie!!

Aristocats is good, too

Zsa Zsa Gabor as a cat..meow!

kmac2384 said:
Emperor's New Groove is great! Every time we are at the parks I check for ENG merchandise but sadly I never see it. I would LOVE to see a remake of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. They can do so much with special effects.

Same here!

Newsies has been my favourite for years- have the movie poster and all

Movies like Iron Will, Homeward bound, Duck movies etc- loved these growing up

Robin Hood
The Emperors New Grove
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Halloweentown
Cheetah Girls (loved it when I was really little)
Kim Possible's Disney channel movie
Meet The Robinson

As a little kid my favorite Disney villain was the prince from Robin Hood.

I don't know what's a lesser known Disney movie. My all-time favorite movie has always been Newsies, but even that is well known now. I've only been to DCA once since they added the trolley show, so I watched it the times that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter