What is your favorite footwear for Disney?

I usually just wear tennis shoes. I haven't tried anything else. I may try my Cobians this time, though. I love those things.

I usually wear lightweight breathable sneakers that are comfortable...my goto are the Nike Free Flyknits!

Crocs sandals. I hate hot feet. Love the cushion in Crocs' soles. Helps feet and back.

our trip is a month away and I'm really struggling what shoes to wear. Sneakers make the most logical sense to me but mine make my feet so hot! Would like to hear what works well for others?

Skechers GOWalk with Goga Max insoles. It's not unusual to walk 5-10 miles a day, and I have plantar fasciitis as well as heel spurs and these are what get me through. Also, I recommend wearing actual shoes with support, not sandals, but it depends on if you've got good feet or not. Also, some of the GoWalk shoes are made of mesh, so they keep your feet cool. Be sure to check them out.

If there is any chance it may be cold bring waterproof sandals and sneakers! And warm and cool weather moisture wicking socks. I have been there in record breaking cold and I was VERY happy to have my sneakers, gloves and winter coat with us. We almost left them in the car at the airport before our flight! I don't think you will be that cold but, sneakers might come in handy.

Used to be running shoes or Teva flip flops. Then I bought so Skechers walking shoes and these are my new park shoes. No foot pain at all.

I love crocs. I used to buy them at 5 Below but they only lasted perhaps 2 weeks at best...I do a lot of walking. So I buy them at Dick's Sporting Goods and they last more than 3 months. :)

If you do wear crocs buy new ones right before you go, like 1-2 weeks prior so they are warn in but not exactly warn out.

Thanks,
Skechers GOWalk with Goga Max insoles. It's not unusual to walk 5-10 miles a day, and I have plantar fasciitis as well as heel spurs and these are what get me through. Also, I recommend wearing actual shoes with support, not sandals, but it depends on if you've got good feet or not. Also, some of the GoWalk shoes are made of mesh, so they keep your feet cool. Be sure to check them out.
I’ll go look for them today!

How long would you recommend giving shoes to be broken in? We are at our 60 day mark today, and I was thinking maybe 30 days out we buy some new shoes. Is that enough/too much time? I'd like to wait until the last minute so they can look as fresh as possible when I'm on site.:ssst:

Thanks,

I’ll go look for them today!

+1 recommendation for the Skechers GoWalk3 series! My wife and I both wear and love them. The GoWalk4 series is also good, but fits differently and has a different overall feel. Still great shoes, but can be pricey and don't last very long after a visit, but totally worth it in my opinion.

I wore light weight Nike running shoes during the day (no socks) and yes my feet did stink! lol Teva sandals in the evening. The closed toe ones to be safe.

I used to have a lot of problems with sore feet even after a normal day, then I discovered FitFlop sandals. Now I can walk 25,000-30,000 steps daily and still have a spring in my step at the end of the day. They are a bit expensive, but absolutely worth every penny.

Honestly, the best shoes are what your feet are used to and what's well broken-in. I wear Columbia water sandals, that I wear year-round. I have two pair, slightly different, and switch them up during the trip.

I love my Brooks running shoes. I wear them all day and they really support my feet. I wear the Adrenaline GTS models (16/17) and they have fun colors too!

I love Fitflops. I can walk for days in them. They have such cushion in the heel( throughout the whole foot too) and support in the arch. I have them in black, tan, and white. They make my feet feel great.

I’ve usually just worn Teva flip flops (and occasionally Toms), but our next trip will be in January and I think my feet will be too cold in flip flops. I’ve ordered some Skechers GOwalks and two different types of Toms. I figure 2.5 months is enough time to get them broken in.

I have a pair of Crocs that have Mickey on them. I only wear them at the parks. Admittedly the last few visits, I have used an ECV to get around, so I can't really say how well they would hold up for all-day hiking.

I just bought a pair of Keens this summer (one of the lighterweight versions of the closed-toe sandal) and I'm going to buy a second pair next summer because they're frankly the most comfortable walking shoes I own. Never got any blisters from them, though I did wear them off and on in the month or two leading up to the trip to be sure I got used to them. I brought a pair of sneakers with me to DL last week but never wore them because of the heat; I ended up buying a pair of Sanuk flipflops in Downtown Disney and alternated those with the Keens. I'd always thought people who wore flipflops to the parks had to be nuts, but the Sanuks actually have really nice arch support and I was fine in them all day (I would have bought the "yoga sling" version with the ankle strap if they'd carried women's shoes in my size, but the flipflops were fine). That's the big thing I'd recommend -- find at least two pairs of shoes you're really comfortable walking in that have significantly different designs from each other and alternate them to give your feet a break. When I went to WDW I brought two pairs of Birks and I was so sick of them by the end because they both rubbed in the same places (and, too, I'm starting to admit that Birkenstocks don't work as nicely for me as they seem to for a lot of people).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!