What is your Disney shameful secret?

I donn't like to stand in a crowd to watch a parade. I prefer to watch fireworks from afar, or even on television.
I will work for Mickey Bars.
unless there is a private viewing section I will not stand in those crouds either

I do not like nighttime shows. Hate all Epcot night shows and I have never seen fantasmic. In all my trips I have never had a desire to stay and watch it. The only parade with watching is the Main Street electrical parade (and I do love that one) I’m not even a fan of the castle projections and prefer to watch fireworks from atop BTMRR than Main Street.

CRT is one of the worst dining experiences we’ve had as a couple. Horrific food and service both times we’ve been.

Would take a Pizzerizzos over CRT everytime!

In about 2015 we enjoyed a Dole Whip. We had sore throats - helped like a throat lozenge. Didn't even know what to order so I asked the clerk what most people get and he gave us one that was like a smoothie. We shared it = one and done so no need to stand in that line.

DH loves parades so I indulge him when we're not roped in - literally - because it gives me claustrophobia. We have mostly stopped going to MK because Main Street always seemed to be roped in preparation for parades and because we can't stand on Main Street to watch the fireworks.

We go to Hollywood Studios for the bars. At Epcot we don't even bother with the rides. We've gone years without going beyond the WS. We avoid AK because it reminds me of Busch Gardens but we do enjoy the Dawa Bar.

LOL - this thread is fun.

I one stalked the Dapper Dans all the way around the Magic Kingdom. I spotted them coming out of a backstage door in Frontierland and thought I’d follow them to Main Street so I’d be sure to catch their set from the very beginning. I didn’t realize they were going to take a leisurely, meandering stroll around the entire park first!

Last edited:
I don’t know how shameful but definitely unpopular- to say I am not a fan of the Dapper Dans is putting it mildly. They seem like very talented and nice guys and I appreciate that others appreciate them but personally I do my best to stay out of earshot. Also please don’t ban me from the boards but the Voices of Liberty don’t do it for me either.

I don’t know how shameful but definitely unpopular- to say I am not a fan of the Dapper Dans is putting it mildly. They seem like very talented and nice guys and I appreciate that others appreciate them but personally I do my best to stay out of earshot. Also please don’t ban me from the boards but the Voices of Liberty don’t do it for me either.
We won't ban you, but you're sentenced to 3 days in the Journey into Imagination Smell Room.

We try to count the number of "Disney Meltdowns" each day in the parks. A meltdown is counted if a kid is: 1. laying/sitting on the ground and refuses to get up or 2. crying too hard to speak.

Disney World is also one of the best places to eavesdrop on people. My favorite thing we've overheard a parent say to their kid is "I just want you to put on some socks before we go to the bathroom, is that too much to ask?"

We're not parents yet but we don't judge--Disney is a lot for kids to handle, especially young ones!

We try to count the number of "Disney Meltdowns" each day in the parks. A meltdown is counted if a kid is: 1. laying/sitting on the ground and refuses to get up or 2. crying too hard to speak.

Disney World is also one of the best places to eavesdrop on people. My favorite thing we've overheard a parent say to their kid is "I just want you to put on some socks before we go to the bathroom, is that too much to ask?"

We're not parents yet but we don't judge--Disney is a lot for kids to handle, especially young ones!
As a 35 year old Disney adult that STILL hears the story at least once a year of my infamous meltdown at age 3... honestly it doesn't feel like Disney without seeing the best and worst moments for kids. And yes, the tantrum was because I was being forced to take a picture I did not want to pose for.

Honestly, I'll probably take your meltdown count idea on my upcoming solo trip. Totally agree, if I'm not judging or telling parents how to handle their kids, I don't think I'm an awful human for having a silent chuckle to myself.

As a 35 year old Disney adult that STILL hears the story at least once a year of my infamous meltdown at age 3... honestly it doesn't feel like Disney without seeing the best and worst moments for kids. And yes, the tantrum was because I was being forced to take a picture I did not want to pose for.

Honestly, I'll probably take your meltdown count idea on my upcoming solo trip. Totally agree, if I'm not judging or telling parents how to handle their kids, I don't think I'm an awful human for having a silent chuckle to myself.

It's not the kid meltdowns that botehr me, it's the ADULTS! I've seen it. It's ugly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter